Hurricane Sandy

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Hurricane Sandy

Post by Psye Shaar »

Not sure who of you lot will be affected by this, but hopefully you're all ok!

Check-ins welcome...
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Still here! We're a couple hours outside of Philadelphia. The wind got really bad, but amazingly, we didn't lose power. One of our bigger trees is leaning at a disturbing angle toward the house now and there are some broken limbs around the neighborhood, but all things considered we were pretty lucky that it wasn't worse.

I hope everyone else made it through alright.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Akai and I and critters in eastern West Va. did fine. Had steady rain and some wind, but never anything alarming, and though the power fluctuated several times it never went out for more than a few seconds.

My sister in McLean, Va. lost power yesterday evening and hasn't gotten it back yet.

Still trying to get info on how property on Chincoteague Island fared; I have books there!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Good to hear nobody got hurt!
Anyone else?
Trinity? I think she lost power sometime in the evening.

As for my area up here, the brunt of it should hit Wednesday/Thursday, but it should have died down quite a bit 'til then. So we're expecting lots of strong winds and rains, but it shouldn't be as bad as you guys down there. Toronto got hit pretty harshly too, though.
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

I'm here and well! Power came back on around lunch time today when I was at work. :D
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

Seamus and Aria are fine. We didn't loose power at all and it just rained a lot. We live in Richmond, VA so we had some wind. We're safe and sound.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Sister got power back Halloween night.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]