Nastr0nd

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

High_Priestess_of_Tinsel
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Nastr0nd

Post by High_Priestess_of_Tinsel »

Greetings Hala community.
I briefly played on Hala, a couple of years ago, after my father, Nastr0nd introduced me to it. I will say my short experience with this comunity was a pleasant one, and it grieves me to have such a miserable reason to be in touch with you all once again.
At around 10:30am GMT this morning, November the 7th 2012, Nastrond passed away. He suffered a blackout the previous night which resulted in a fall. The doctors found a large tumor in his brain which was the initial cause. Sadly the damage was too great and the tumor too large to recover from. He suffered nothing and did not even wake briefly from the first black out. His mother and his wife were with him in the hospital when he left us.
It is left to me to inform the friends and contacts he had over the internet of his passing and this community is the only way I have of doing so. As sad as it is, could I ask you please to pass on the message to any friends he might have had that will not see this message?

I will pass on any messages from those who wish it to the rest of his family.

Thankyou very much for reading.
-Amber-
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

I'm so sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.

Nas gave a lot to us here and brought happiness to many by doing so. He'll be remembered for that and much, much more.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
MissyFlows
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by MissyFlows »

so sorry to hear that
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

I am so sorry for your loss! Nastr0nd contributed a lot to this game and will be remembered.
mhogar
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by mhogar »

I passed it on to the Avlis Ivory order and added a few words on my own.
We lost another great player ... I just talked to him a few days ago on the net ....

Rest well Nastr0nd ... it has been great knowing you.

Koos
Quinkish

Post by Quinkish »

Thank you so much for letting us know. This is very sad news; we enjoyed his company in game. Condolences to you and the family at this time.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

I am so sorry for your loss.

Nastr0nd was a great player and DM and contributed a lot to this community in many ways. His help and support and advice will be remembered along with the rest.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours in this difficult time.

Rest in peace, Nas.
Last edited by Moonyju on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eternal_time

Post by eternal_time »

I am so very sorry for your loss. He was very much loved and will be sorely missed. I can't even begin to say how special he and his characters were to me and mine. We will be lacking without him.
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

eternal_time wrote:I am so very sorry for your loss. He was very much loved and will be sorely missed. I can't even begin to say how special he and his characters were to me and mine. We will be lacking without him.
I am not sure I could say this thought better; he was a good friend to me and I will miss him terribly too.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

My condolences to you on your loss. I am glad your father did not suffer. He and his characters will be missed.
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

I am not sure how to express the emotions reading this invoked in me.

Nas was a friend to me; More than a friend I see day to day, or a friend that I had years ago in school. He didn't always open up about his personal life, but was always willing to listen to me bitch about mine.

He was a great person: inspiring, witty, imaginative, funny, helpful, and was smarter than most people have a right to be.

This is a terrible loss for not only Ysgard/Hala but for many more people that were touched by him.

We never met face to face, and now plans that were made can never be fulfilled.

I will miss the banter and jokes about Americans vs British, Football vs Soccer and the other more serious conversations we shared. I will miss Nas.

Amber, if you wish to share any of this with your family, do so. I am very sorry for your loss and understand how amazing your father was. He will be missed by many.

-Ben-
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
Sathsarrion

Post by Sathsarrion »

I've ever been an eloquent man, and I really can't express what I'm feeling right now.

I'm sorry for your loss. While I'm certain what the rest of us here are feeling cannot begin to approach the depth of your own loss, know that everyone here is deeply sorry to see him gone.

Both Hala and Avlis was, and shall remain a better place for Nastr0nds influence. He had a huge positive impact in many people here, and he probably impacted my own time here more than any other single person has.

-Adam-
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

*tries very hard not to cry as she writes this*

Nas was a very dear friend. He DM'd a spur of the moment event when Aria and Luke decided to get married before Luke's "death". I will never forget that and that was so very special in so many ways.

I also remember how Dane'th got her name. Nas said it was because of the way he pronounced 'danish' (the food) when he was little and he liked the name for a very dear and sweet character who will be missed.

While I never met him in RL, he was very much loved, respected, helpful, kind and very dear.

Please know that our thoughts, prayers and love are with your family this day.

A great light that was part of Hala and Avlis has dimmed this day and our world will be a little darker for its loss.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
orvarg
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by orvarg »

i'm so sorry for your loss my prayers and thoughts at this time of loss are with you and your family.

joe (orvarg) gus's and thradrils player
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

I am so sad to hear this. It is a painful blow, and my sympathy goes out to both Nas' family and his friends here. He did make every occasion better by his presence in an uncountable number of ways, and brought so very many smiles to my face over the years I have known him. I, too, had been looking forward to meeting him on his journey this way, but I believe we will just have to one day meet on a different journey.

I will miss you "Nasty", my friend, mentor, and playmate.

With love,
- Darcy
(Shannen/Rali'vinee)
nwmtrigger

Post by nwmtrigger »

My condolences to you and your family, He will be missed

Trigger
AmusedApathy
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by AmusedApathy »

Amber,

I am so sorry for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. Your dad was amazing both in character and in real life. He was a huge influence on Hala and Avlis, and me as a person.

He will be sorely missed.

Melissa
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

We are sad to hear this. We are very thankful for the time he spent with us.

Jenai and Corwin
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I am so sad to read this. Nas contruibuted a huge amount to our comunity as a player, dm, builder and scripter. He has left a hole that no one will ever full.

On a personal note he and I would spend a good deal of time throwing ideas off each other and plotting fun. I considered him a good friend and it just wont be the same playing without him.

My internet was down all last week and im gutted to have missed out on some precious Nastr0nd time.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
High_Priestess_of_Tinsel

Post by High_Priestess_of_Tinsel »

Thankyou everyone for your condolences, personal words and for passing the message on. I'm glad to hear how many friends and people treasured interacting with him.

Would you please pass on our thanks to those threads you've linked for other forums, as I don't have access to them. Thankyou again.

It really means alot to us.
nwmblondy
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by nwmblondy »

My thoughts are with you and your family, Nastr0nd was always a joy to be around.

Greg
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Such a sudden loss of someone who's presence has caused so many people a lot of joy... there are no words. Nastr0nd was a great asset to the Hala team, and over the course of time had become an integral part in what made Hala a great place to play. His contributions will never be forgotten.

Those he has touched both in game and out of game are better for the contact. He will be sorely missed, and always remembered.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

What can I say but that I enjoy the times and you will be missed

Nacht nacht