Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by nwmtrigger »

My condolences to you and your family, He will be missed

Trigger
AmusedApathy
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by AmusedApathy »

Amber,

I am so sorry for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. Your dad was amazing both in character and in real life. He was a huge influence on Hala and Avlis, and me as a person.

He will be sorely missed.

Melissa
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

We are sad to hear this. We are very thankful for the time he spent with us.

Jenai and Corwin
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I am so sad to read this. Nas contruibuted a huge amount to our comunity as a player, dm, builder and scripter. He has left a hole that no one will ever full.

On a personal note he and I would spend a good deal of time throwing ideas off each other and plotting fun. I considered him a good friend and it just wont be the same playing without him.

My internet was down all last week and im gutted to have missed out on some precious Nastr0nd time.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
High_Priestess_of_Tinsel

Post by High_Priestess_of_Tinsel »

Thankyou everyone for your condolences, personal words and for passing the message on. I'm glad to hear how many friends and people treasured interacting with him.

Would you please pass on our thanks to those threads you've linked for other forums, as I don't have access to them. Thankyou again.

It really means alot to us.
nwmblondy
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by nwmblondy »

My thoughts are with you and your family, Nastr0nd was always a joy to be around.

Greg
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Such a sudden loss of someone who's presence has caused so many people a lot of joy... there are no words. Nastr0nd was a great asset to the Hala team, and over the course of time had become an integral part in what made Hala a great place to play. His contributions will never be forgotten.

Those he has touched both in game and out of game are better for the contact. He will be sorely missed, and always remembered.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

What can I say but that I enjoy the times and you will be missed

Nacht nacht
diermace1
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by diermace1 »

I find it hard to express my sadness at this news, he was one of the reasons I logged on, I will miss him more than I can say, My thoughts are with you and his family, may he rest in peace.

Tony
galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

So sorry to hear of his passing - I'll miss playing with him, his characters were in two guilds with mine on Avlis, and I always enjoyed his DMing on Hala/Ysgard, and the areas he built for us all to play in, when I came through the portal.

Rest well and easy, Nas.

Dan ("Garthond Foehammer")
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Genuinely sorry to hear about this. My condolences to his family; such a kind heart is never truly lost, rather, it brings light in remembrance.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I'm shocked and so very sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to his family for this loss. Nas's creativity and quick wit were treasured by many here; I'll never forget the good times with his character Dan'eth in particular.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
sinn

Post by sinn »

Amber, As you stated you do not have access to the avlis or arkaz forums so I have compiled the posts here since some people on those forums did not have access to this forum.

All of these comments (and those on this forum) make me realize even more so how amazing Nas was. Selfishly I had assumed that he only had touched me and a few others with his wit and personality, but as you can see he was important to many more people than I (we) imagined.
Xaila wrote:I'm really sorry to hear this :( It's always a terrible thing to lose a member of the community. Condolences to the family. He will be missed.
Gumble Tinkertumble wrote:My condolences go to his friends (both on and offline) and family.
Flyinhigh wrote:I always enjoyed playing with him. My condolences to his friends and family.
Plethora wrote:Sadness, condolenses to the family
Ashan wrote:Nas was great to play with on avlis and even better when I accidently took the portal to hala and got lost as a noob

RiP buddy
silverfields2 wrote:Although we never physically crossed paths IG, I found out with a bit of a search that Dan'eth had brief but important impact on my PC.

My condolences.
TarkaPop wrote:Sorry to hear this sad news. I always enjoyed meeting Dan'eth in game.
Grunt wrote:Very sorry to hear about this. I remember Nastr0nd being nothing less than a welcoming presence to other players and characters. It's a sad day for the community as a whole.
Katroine wrote:Such sad news.
My condolences to his family and friends.
Micah wrote:Rest in peace, bud. You will be missed.
Ghostie wrote:Very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family, he will be missed.
Li'll Divvil wrote:Aww man that sucks, Nastr0nd was there when I first started on avlis these many years ago and his characters (I don't even remember how many of his I interacted and played with) were always well played. That aside he was always a nice and considerate RP'er making sure everyone had fun.

Rest in Peace my friend
TripleAught wrote:
I am personally saddened by this news. I played with NastrOnd in the Deglos Brigade and I always enjoyed the irreverence and livelihood that he brought. Everyone doing dwarven accents and going on wild adventures.

I would very much like to send my condolences to his family.
Loki70 wrote:That really sucks. I always liked gaming with him. Another one of the good ones.
Chris_Robin wrote:Life is so very precious. Live it to the fullest.

I lost a dear friend in a sort of similar fashion earlier this year. One moment here, the next gone.

Nas will be missed in many ways.
ForsakenPlague wrote:While my interactions with Nastr0nd were few and far between, he always impressed upon me a sense of kindness, creativity and character. He gave much of his time to enhancing Ysgard and the CoPaP community at large, including unique systems that Arkaz will be using far into the future. He'll be greatly missed.
struldbruggian wrote:I am so sad to hear of this loss, to both our pixelated community and his rl family and friends. I didn't really know the player behind the avatar, but very much enjoyed the many interactions between Shayra and Dane'th in the past, and remember a character warm and generous and fun to be around. I have an assortment of greatswords that Dane'th made for Dero's collection and a number of her early attempts at wands which she gifted to Shayra. These souvenirs have always made me smile when I see them in my chest, and will continue to remind me of a lovely person who will be missed.
Zombie wrote:Its just not the same any more.
this last by Zombie quote echos my thoughts exactly.

[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
SteveMaurer

Post by SteveMaurer »

I am so sorry. Our prayers go with you and yours, Amber.

~ Steve M.
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Amber, my condolences to you and your family. I have played with your father as fellow player and DM, and he has brought many memorable moments to my life.

With kind regards,

Starslayer_D
Sathsarrion

Post by Sathsarrion »

Ever since I heard the news, I haven't been able to get this out of my head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmmYZxk2q54
High_Priestess_of_Tinsel

Post by High_Priestess_of_Tinsel »

I've shown all these messages (and those on the other forums, thanks to the links) to my brother, and to Nastr0nd's wife. They were both really touched and happy that Dad had left such a positive feeling with so many.
All of your words and messages, have meant alot to everyone and they only go to re-enforce the already good feeling I get from this community as a kind and friendly group of thoughtful people. I'm so glad Dad found you and had such good experiences here with you.

Thankyou everyone.

xXx