Dying and raising.

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Dying and raising.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

If you are in a party and a party member dies, and you end up taking to hiding/invis to save your own hides therefore leaving whatever spawns you were fighting there, and you then raise your fallen party member, please try to refrain from attacking the spawns, ESPECIALLY if they are spellcasting spawns, primarily death magic.

I am saying this not only because of what happened last night with a group, but because many people may not realize that this happens until after the fact.

If a person is in the process of picking up their gear, and they get deathplanned in the process, this is what happens. Players corpse continues loading the items there on the player, but also their bags dump out, just like what happens on Avlis if the server resets/crashes before you get to your corpse. In this process of continuing to pick up the items, and the bags unloading, all the excess items that the player can't carry drops in the death travel area, which will require DM assistance in recovering. And as everyone knows, a DM isn't available all the time, and there is no guarentee of any return of lost items if that is the case.

So I ask nicely to please take into consideration your fallen party members in these cases, even with DM help, it can take well over an hour or more to get the player situated enough to continue on.

Thanks and have a nice day. :)
Last edited by LadyPhoenix77 on Sat May 20, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

*big hugz to LP77*

Thanks for saving my butt.

Just like you posted, ALL of my items dumped out of my bags...AND they dumped in the Death travel area. Without a dm, you cannot get any of your items from that area. If the server crashes, your items will go POOF! It took me atleast an hour to get situated again.
LadyPhoenix77
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

BUMP!
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

This just happened to Morgan. She carries THOUSANDS of gems. Fun night :wink:
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
darkfire
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by darkfire »

Zombie wrote:This just happened to Morgan. She carries THOUSANDS of gems. Fun night :wink:
:oops:

Also, make sure ALL the items are done unloading to the corpse before you raise them. Especially be carefull if you are coming over from Avlis, just because they are in their deathplane already does NOT mean they are finished unloading their items.

I would suggest asking them in a tell before raising.

Sorry again :oops: Thanks for the help LP77
LadyPhoenix77

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

BUMP!

Seriously folks, this is a pain for both the player you raise, as well as anyone else who helps out. Plus it means just that much longer your party has to wait to continue.