On PC Pregnancy

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

Arkon
World Leader

On PC Pregnancy

Post by Arkon »

Ok... I'm going to lay this out as thoroughly as I can.

Pregnancy: In order for a PC to become Pregnant, they must first own a house. Pregnancy itself lasts for 6-9 RL weeks. During this time, the pregnant PC must be careful. If they are knocked to bleeding, they will be forced to roll a D100 with a 60% chance of miscarry. If they are killed they will be forced to roll a D100 with a 90% chance of miscarry if they are raised from the dead or ressurected. If they walk out of the halls, it is an automatic miscarry.

After the baby has gone Term, the pregnant party will be required to pay 1 million gold for the "baby". This will pay for the baby NPC and a basic "nanny" NPC.

The Growing phase must be RP'd. What this means is that you MUST carry the child with you if you leave the home. (IE carry the baby model). Failure to do so will result in bad things from the DMs regarding your baby.

You may also have to deal with basic childrearing issues that may and will arise... and believe you me. I'm a parent so I know most things that can occure.

Last but not least. If at any time, either parent is logged into the server, at least one of them MUST Have the baby NPC on them. If the father is logged in and the mother isn't, then the mother MUST have logged out IN THE HOUSE, or else the FATHER MUST Have the baby with them. (and i don't mean in their pack... I mean held)

Basically... you want to have a child in the game.. expect it to be treated and reacted to the same exact way as it would in real life. It's going to cost gold, it's going to take time, it's going to take responsibility.

I hope this clears up a few things with regards to PCs rearing children.

As far as playing the child. This is allowed as long as two conditions are met.
#1 The child is old enough (meaning that 2 RL years have passed since it was born |exceptions made on a case by case basis|)

#2 If the person intending to play the child is also the player of one of the parent PCs, then that player's parent PC must be retired. If the player is someone other than one of the parents, then this condition does not apply.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!