On Character Creation/Backgrounds

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

Arkon
World Leader

On Character Creation/Backgrounds

Post by Arkon »

It has come to my attention that a few things need to be spelled out about characters created on Hala. So here are a few rules, this set may increase as time goes on and other things are brought to my attention. These ONLY apply to characters created on one of the Hala servers, either Hala or Ysgard.

#1. Characters created on Ysgard are Native to Ysgard. They are not plane walkers, they did not voluntarily come here from some other plane of existance. They were not sent here on some supreme mission by some deity. They may have died on their previous plane, and appeared here, but their memory of their previous life would be sketchy at best. They would not have complete recollection, for to have complete recollection of ones previous life, and then to remember your own death would drive even the most strong willed persons toward insanity.

#2. Character backgrounds may NOT under ANY circumstances refer to the PC having been raped, or having raped anyone or anything. Now, this is not to say that a person cannot make the claim that they were the product of a band of raiding orcs or something, but they cannot openly claim rape of any kind has been done to their character.

#3. Characters newly made cannot claim to be the ambassador of some god or another. They cannot claim to have been sent to deliver messages. They cannot bestow upon titles of a religious, or otherwise, nature on other characters without PRIOR approval from a DM on the Hala staff.

#4. If a character is meant to become either a RDD or a Pale Master, approval MUST be obtained PRIOR to the creation of the character. This is to save both us, and you a headache of later having the team decide not to grant you the PrC that your characters entire existance revolved around.

#5. No character can claim to be a child/parent of another character without both players approval and the team must be informed of it and given the opportunity to say yes or no.

#6. No character can be the child/parent of another character owned by the same player.

#7. Custom races must be played as that race. Exceptions can be made, HOWEVER, these must be approved prior to creation. Examples of this would be a Good Drow, an evil Aasimar, etc. Approval will be based on the background story behind it, longevity, RP ability, and many other factors.

#8. No PC can claim to be the child/parent/cousin/brother/etc of any NPC in Hala without Expressed approval from the Hala team.

More to come as I think of them.
Last edited by Arkon on Mon May 15, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

#9 Any PC wishing to include Draconic, Demonic, Angelic, Etc, blood in their character's background MUST submit a request to the Team PRIOR to the creation of the character.

In the case of Dragon blood, the player will be allowed to tell the team what type of draconic blood he/she would LIKE to have, HOWEVER, the TEAM has the final say in what type of dragon blood the character actually has in them. This will be decided upon by the way the Character is RP'd ICly through actions and what not.

In the case of Demonic, Angelic blood. It is for the TEAMS to decide what type of blood will be allowed to be used in this. Again, players are allowed to make suggestions.

All in all, nothing can be immediately assumed when it comes to having the blood of a specific TYPE of a Creature Set. This is the Team's decision. Chances are we are going to go with your suggestion, however, this may not always be the case.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

*bump*

When any custom race is being created in which the background falls outside what may be considered the 'norm' for that race, then it MUST be run past the team first.

This rule isn't just to eliminate cheesed or extreme backgrounds, but also to ensure that background stories don't conflict with the world's history and lore.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Re: On Character Creation/Backgrounds

Post by Xanthalas »

Arkon wrote:It has come to my attention that a few things need to be spelled out about characters created on Hala. So here are a few rules, this set may increase as time goes on and other things are brought to my attention. These ONLY apply to characters created on one of the Hala servers, either Hala or Ysgard.

#1. Characters created on Ysgard are Native to Ysgard. They are not plane walkers, they did not voluntarily come here from some other plane of existance. They were not sent here on some supreme mission by some deity. They may have died on their previous plane, and appeared here, but their memory of their previous life would be sketchy at best. They would not have complete recollection, for to have complete recollection of ones previous life, and then to remember your own death would drive even the most strong willed persons toward insanity.
Bump.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

This is a friendly bump for some of our new players who may not have seen this.

There have been exceptions for #1, specifically for custom planar races such as tieflings and aasimar. If you want to create a character that is not native to Ysgard and not a petitioner, please ask first. Thanks! :D
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com