Abusing Merchants Unlimited Gold

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

p0m
Major DM

Abusing Merchants Unlimited Gold

Post by p0m »

It was thought that this was a common sense thing, however if you find a merchant with unlimited gold it may not be that way on purpose.

Please do not abuse merchants to the point wherein the server lags due to merchant store size. You're lagging other players and griefing their game experience.

If you do come across one that is being abused, please report it to the team.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Once again we are finding increasing cases of merchants with no remaining gold, but an inventory full of a specific, crafted item. By this, I mean row upon row of one single type of item, whatever it may be.

Firstly, this is cheese. No merchant would spend their entire gold on copious amounts of a single item.

Secondly, this is incredibly frustrating for the people that don't abuse the system and just wish to sell the loot that they've found while out adventuring, but cannot do so, due of every merchant being broke.

We rely on common sense from the players in these matters, but should push come to shove, it will not be beyond our means to have merchants start to refuse to serve individual PC's altogether.. and remember, merchants talk, so news of such spreads.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)