As of the last update I've greatly expanded the housing available through Ysgard's banks. Please note that the following rules apply to houses built by the team and purchased through an NPC. This does not replace regular player housing
(houses built by you and imported by the team). They are still available and these rules still apply:
What is Standardized Player Housing?
Standardized houses are generally small, simple, 1 area houses built by the Hala Team and sold to players at a discount over regular player housing. Most of these houses are fairly "cookie cutter" though I've tried to give the more recent one's some personality.
Who should be interested?
Anyone who doesn't want to/doesn't know how to build their own house; anyone who already owns regular player housing and wants a shop or more space; or anyone who visits the Plane of Ysgard regularly (YES! These will be available to non-natives. See below). These houses are also perfect for Alts, PC's that only get played on occasion and lowbie crafters who have a lot of stuff to carry but not much gold.
Where can I buy one?
Visit one of the YCF banks. Houses on the Ysgard side of the divide are sold at the Alliance Park Trade Hall branch of the YCF. Houses located in Hala are sold at the bank in Tel.
What kinds of property are available?
Descriptions of what is available can be found IG
1. One Property per PC. If you already own one, the NPC won't allow you to buy another.
2. If you already own player housing elsewhere, you may purchase one of these properties, but please don't be greedy. Ask yourself if your PC really needs 2 full sized houses when an extra storage chest would be sufficent.
3. Full use of the banks will be opened up to non-natives in a week or two in order to give Hala natives first pick of the housing.
4. More housing can be added! If you had your eye on a house and it's been purchased, in most cases a similar one can be added in about a weeks time. Send me or your favorite team member a PM with the request.
5. Each property will include either a p-merchant, or at least one text based chest that is expandable to infinite capacity through the chest's options menu. Expanding the capacity of your chest or merchant does cost additional gold!
6. You can sell your house BUT
it must be sold back to the NPC so that the property can be resold. You will get 100% of the original purchase price back but you will not get reimbursed for gold spent on expanding storage capacity.
If you want to sell to another PC (for a better price perhaps) this is allowed but DO NOT just hand the keys over. Sell the property to back to the NPC and allow the other PC to purchase it. Any further exchange of gold for the property is between the two PC's.
Once you have sold a property, you will be free to buy another.
At this time the scripts for selling property are still broken. Until further notice, if you want to sell a property you will need a DM present for the transaction so that all of the database variables can be cleared on both your character and the property.
7. No player may have more than 1 PC with access to the same player housing. This includes ALL housing: guilds, inn rooms, regular housing, etc.
8. At this time there will be no upgrades for individual properties. I am looking into ways to allow PC's to decorate, add crafting placeables, pets, etc IG instead.