CoPaP Item Programme

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Nob
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

CoPaP Item Programme

Post by Nob »

The linked worlds of CoPaP have decided to give players with strong items a new opportunity. If your character has an item with any of the following properties:
Immune knockdown
Immune mind affecting
Immune spell school
Immune specific spell
Immune spell by level
Immune Critical Hit
Immune Sneak Attack
Immune Death Magic
Some of the On Hit effects (dispels, vorpal and the slays in particular)
Cast Spell of a spell level higher than 4
Damage Resistance of greater than 15
Improved Evasion
True Seeing
+5 item or equivalent
Haste
Spell sequencers

..... you may ask a DM to make that item no-drop AND Plot for you. This is completely voluntary. You do not have to participate, and any DM can do this to your items with his or her DM wand. The only stipulations are that the item MUST contain at least one of the properties on the list above, and the item cannot be a weapon. There are absolutely no consequences if you choose not to participate, but there are many advantages to having your item be no drop and plot. For one thing, it comes along with you when you die, and it cannot be stolen or lost by putting it into a bag, because the engine will not let you put no-drop items in bags, AFAIK.

So, if you read this and like the idea, and you have an item that belongs to this category, feel free to stop one of your DM's and ask.

The discussion that brought about this policy is here: http://www.copap.org/viewtopic.php?t=1123&start=50

Essentially, in the long-run, it will help get items out of the economy because old players will not be able to pass on their uber items to other players when they stop playing CoPaP. In the short-run, it benefits the people who have these items.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Do you mind player feed back? If so please delete my post.

I'm really glad this option is comming into effect. I'd prefer it to be mandatory but thats an argument for another place.
I hope players strongly consider this. While I don't have any of the listed item qualities the minute i ever get one i will ask for the change.

This is really going to help prevent cheating and stop characters who've "earned" high quality items from giving them to characters who may have not earned them (in the DMs eyes). Also will stop items from player As one character from finding it's way to another character or a friends character bla bla.

Good job with this option.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
ApproachingWinter
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by ApproachingWinter »

As Tholoth said I'd prefer this to be mandatory as well, but regardless it's still a great idea.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Is not/wont be manditory
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
ApproachingWinter

Post by ApproachingWinter »

I know Arkon, was just saying I wouldn't complain if it was.
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Oh I know Winter :). That was more to stop any rumors from starting before they do :)
Days Awake
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Days Awake »

think you should clarify more specificly as to what +5 or equivilent means so people can know if they may have an item that fits said description.I am waiting for an answer if some of my equipment may fall in those lines but people may not know if something they have does.
Moredo
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Moredo »

It's the +5 items, or other items that would be considered uber, like a +4, +4 universal saves armor or something like that
Days Awake
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Days Awake »

since these items are undropable there wont be any chance of having a invatory bug doubling those items correct?,I see often people having there things doubled in their invatory due to death or what not and not getting there corpses
e'Kieron

Post by e'Kieron »

Only problem with this is:

Thrall the Barbarian has +5 Hasted Plate - Cursed/Undropable

Thrall dies.

Thrall goes to get his corpse then dies again on his way.
Or....
Thrall goes to get his corpse and crashes on the way.

Thrall gets to his corpse.

The armor will not come off the corpse.
Tries as he might, Thrall cannot pick up the armor off the corpse, because it is non-dropable.

When DM's are doing this, they need to make sure they make the items Undropable/Cursed AS WELL AS PLOT.

That way, the character cannot/is unable to remove the item from his/her inventory.

-e'Kieron
"Every night has a day, even forever has to end... Sometimes." -Magus, Chronotrigger
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

That's the way it's being done.