Website Updated to phpBB3! Finally!

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Website Updated to phpBB3! Finally!

Post by Themicles »

Hello everyone,

I finally managed to get all of the kinks worked out of the upgrade from our old phpBB2+CH install to phpBB3. Specifically, 3.0.14 as 3.0 and 3.1 are currently separate branches, each being kept updated by the authors so far. I will look at the conversion to 3.1 later if it becomes necessary to keep receiving bug fixes and security updates.

All user groups, permissions, forums, posts, private messages, etc etc etc... are transferred. Even the forum categories are all there. The one drawback is the current default phpBB3 themes that are installed. It treats our old pure categories as just new tables with every forum listed just as any other. Instead of hiding them under the category link. I will look into this later.

As for the front page. It is not yet done. However, I know from usage statistics that most of you bookmarked this forum index and almost never see the front page. You shouldn't be missing any major functionality. Even the WIKI is a link at the bottom of the index here.

And finally, there are still some files being re-uploaded. Namely downloads. They'll be done some time tonight.

Please only post bug reports in the following forum as new posts. DO NOT POST BUGS HERE!
Forum Bug Reports
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
Themicles

Re: Website Updated to phpBB3! Finally!

Post by Themicles »

Finally executing this update ended up taking 16+ hours thanks to a series of database errors in conversion. This last time worked just right. :D
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

If you guys want more themes installed or want to make a custom theme, the version we're using is 3.0 based, not 3.1. There are significant differences.

A place to start looking would be here: http://www.phpbb3styles.net/

If you'd like to submit suggestions for installation, go ahead and post here with the theme's name and a link to acquire it. I will run it by the team and if we all agree, I'll install it.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

It all looks great! Thank you, Themi! =D
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Search appears truly fixed now. Sorry about it being broken for a while. I had initiated a search index rebuild a while back and just assumed it worked without testing it. CD alerted me and asked if its okay to rebuild it. Again, it must've failed to work. It is now set back up properly.