I am starting work on the wiki now. I may not reach a finished point today, but will at least have the old wiki moved to a temporary location today.
The process will be as follows:
- Backup the file contents of the wiki.
- Backup the database contents of the wiki.
- Move the file contents of the wiki to a new address (to be posted when completed).
- Lock down the wiki to *read-only*.
- Install new, up to date, wiki software at the original wiki location.
- Configure to require account creation before adding or editing pages, complete with the latest noCaptcha anti-bot countermeasure.
- Setup volunteers with editor level access so that they can look over the old wiki and transfer articles completely manually to filter out the spam.
Please post here if you are one who has already volunteered, or would like to volunteer so that I have a list of people to contact when I reach that point.
Please do not post here unless volunteering so I have a clear list.