Temporary Downtime **Complete**

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Temporary Downtime **Complete**

Post by Themicles »

Apologies for the unscheduled downtime. We suffered a direct, but likely random hack on our network today. It was detected immediately and the connections severed. This is why the servers went down. The network has been reconfigured to prevent another attempt and I am currently just scanning all computers to make sure no malicious code was to blame. No player data has been compromised, only my pride and peace for today. No player account info is stored on this network.
**Note: This does not in any way affect the websites. They are not on the same network.**

I hope to have the servers back up for you guys within the next couple of hours.

EDIT: Servers are back up.
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Re: Temporary Downtime **Complete**

Post by Themicles »

Servers are back up, thanks go to Rudiki for help testing. The router I switched everything to was preconfigured for just such an event as this, however it turns out the firmware it was on resulted in the firewall blocking even configured port forward rules. Updating the firmware appears to have fixed this and we were able to have a couple of successful connection attempts.

Please respond here or contact me on Discord if you have any further troubles logging in.
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard