Weapons of Shocking

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Weapons of Shocking

Post by Psye Shaar »

It has recently come to our attention that the weapons of shocking appearing were actually on sale on a merchant. This should not have been the case.

Could anyone with one of these weapons please pm the Hala Team and you will be refunded the cost of the weapon.

Secondly: Certain of these weapons are marked as plot and had a value of 0 when purchased. These are also to be returned with an explanation as to why it wasn't reported as a bug.

This is not an option, people. Anyone not obliging to this request while it's still polite will be dealt with on a case to case basis.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Mithril Shirts and Mithril Chain will need to be returned as well. If you received any of these items legitamitly please PM the team with a verifiable explanation as to where you got them.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

I have seen Mithril chain on sale at a merchant in Hala. I will not say where publicly, but if you don't already know, PM me and I will tell you.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

PM sent
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Grimm
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Grimm »

I dont have one of these weapons, but it is my understanding that they are 1d4 electric dmg with no enchantment or attack bonus. Im not clear why a 1d4 electric weapon would be considered to powerful an item for a merchant. Is 1d4 elemental not a +1 weapon equivilent by copap standards?

Im not trying to sound like a smartass or anything just thought maybe their was something about shocking weapons im not seeing.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

These particular weapons weren't just 1d4, and I would consider equivalent to a +2 or so. When I first started as a DM I was told that nothing greater than +1 items are to go on merchants. 1d4 damage is okay as long as it has a penalty (like the Scimitars in Bastion are 1d4, -1 AC).

That's why we are asking nicely for that they be returned, and anyone who does willingly will be compensated.

One other thing to mention. These items were accidentally added by an overworked underpaid DM. We're all human, we all make mistakes and more often than not we rely on you, the players, to catch those mistakes. So, if you notice something being sold on a merchant for free, or a monster that drops an overpowered item, your chest duped an item, or anything else you might consider a "bug" please report it. It saves the team HUGE headaches and more often than not you will get rewarded if you do. And if you dont, and we find out you knew about it, dont expect us to be happy with you.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Days Awake
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Days Awake »

The only shocking weapons I've seen that were on a merchant were plain weapons with 1d4 electric,is this what you are refering to?If so I know the big man knew about these and even had them on his character months ago.They cost about 3 or 4k in gold.
Sex is like a box of chocolates, sometimes your fingers get sticky! >=) -

Jskee:Jeezus, you're cuddly as a porcupine sometimes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBc9iwPN50&feature=related
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

I sent a PM to the team.... my only question is, do I avoid playing the characters that only use those weapons, or should I just wait till it all gets sorted out?
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Dengar wrote:I sent a PM to the team.... my only question is, do I avoid playing the characters that only use those weapons, or should I just wait till it all gets sorted out?
get different weapons.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

If you don't log on with those characters, we can't take the weapons back off you :wink:

It's just a case of catching a dm that's on to do it.

If you paid for them, the gold will be returned to you.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

13th hour was on... but logged off five seconds later... the only one who paid for it was Amash... but it's his only weapon outside of a bow... and he has next to no money as of the moment.