ITEM TRADE IN

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Arkon
World Leader

ITEM TRADE IN

Post by Arkon »

Announcing the first, and likely only, Hala Item Trade-In.

In an effort to reduce the number of uber items that are floating around, with the re-establishing of the links, and in order to bring CoPaP back down towards the low magic setting it was meant to be in. We, the Hala Team, will be conducting an Item Trade in.

What this means is that you, the players, will have the opportunity to turn in your extra junk, in order to gain new, and/or customized items in return. This is an excellent opportunity to lessen the load you carry with you and have in your chests.

The rules for this are as follows.

Code: Select all

+2 item = 1/4 of a power (Natural Armor Amulets not accepted)
+3 item 1/3 of a power
+4 for 3/4 a power
+5 or higher for 1.5 - 2 powers (Teams decision)

A final cost of 2 Xs the toolset value of the item you are obtaining will be applied at the end of the trade.

For properties:
+3 skill points = 1 power
+1d4 elemental = 1 power
Keen = 2 power
+1d6 elemental = 2 power
On-hit effects like wounding are currently under contemplation.

We reserve the right to refuse any trade-in that we deem inappropriate

Costs will be as follows:
Any + to enhancement will cost 1 power.

Hence a +3 item would require 3 powers

The armors of AC base 5 - 7 are at the Teams Discression

Any single specific save bonus based item, such as amulets of will or boots of reflexes.

Anything else based on Team discretion.

Maximum item value for a trade-in item will not exceed that required for a level 15 item. (PEnding, might raise to 18, but no higher.)
Some examples of powers you can obtain through this are as follows

Code: Select all

Resists (exclusive, common: ie. bludge, pierce, slash, fire. NOT Holy, magic, positive)

5/- : 1 power point
10/- : 2 power points (MAX AMOUNT)

Universal Soaks
Enchantment level + soak amount

+1 soak 5. 1pp + 1pp = 2pp
+1 soak 10. 1pp + 2pp = 3pp
+2 soak 5. 2pp + 1pp = 3pp
+2 soak 10. 2pp + 2pp = 4pp
+3 soak 5. 3pp + 1pp = 4pp
+3 soak 10. 3pp + 2pp = 5pp (MAX AMOUNT)

(divine/pos energy/magic)
+1d4 divine = 2 power points
+1d6 divine = 4 power points
5/- : 2 power points (rare damage resist)
Anyone interested in this should PM Hala Team

Only Nob is authorized to to advance this. He is the authority on this and has they right to refuse or change any part of this as he sees fit beings that he's the World Leader.

It is strongly recommended that everyone who can, take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity, because once it's over... I'm unleashing the DMs and we will no longer hold back on doing IC things that make sense for fear of upsetting players :)

IE.. you may lose items in events.
Also note that most things you obtain through this process that are customized and or rare, will be marked plot and likely No Drop.

Also note that the Item Marking is still going on, if you have an item that is considered Rare by copap standards, you may have it marked Plot/No Drop at no cost to yourself.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

It's been weeks now, has the Team heard back from Nob yet? This really is something that shouldn't take long to decide. Any feedback would be appreciated. :D
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

I'm going to recommend that all further inquiries about this be sent directly to Nob's PM box. I had assumed he would check the Hala Team PM Box for these, but that seems to not be the case.. I'm mention it to him, but from here on out, everyone send your offers/requests to Nob
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Update:

I will be facilitating this Trade In now.

Using the list above, get a rough figure of what your gear you want to trade in is worth, and send me that list and the item you are wanting to receive. We'll go from there.

I intend to have this completely within two weeks. This is not an open ended deal.

It's now or never folks :)
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Arkon wrote:Update:

I will be facilitating this Trade In now.

Using the list above, get a rough figure of what your gear you want to trade in is worth, and send me that list and the item you are wanting to receive. We'll go from there.

I intend to have this completely within two weeks. This is not an open ended deal.

It's now or never folks :)
Ack, but what of us who tried to schedule a trade in yet are now trapped on Arkaz! >.<

*Predicts the answer to be "sux 4 u lol N00B!!1"*
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

upholstery_imp wrote:"sux 4 u lol N00B!!1"
albonia

Post by albonia »

How about personilising items. I sent a PM about items being personilised 3 weeks ago as requested its still it my outbox yet.

Not being impatients i know the team are busy just wondering :)
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

send to me
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

pm'd
albonia

Post by albonia »

PM sent
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Days Awake
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Days Awake »

first pm sent
Sex is like a box of chocolates, sometimes your fingers get sticky! >=) -

Jskee:Jeezus, you're cuddly as a porcupine sometimes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBc9iwPN50&feature=related
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

In the next stage of this fun happy circus, send your requests to me unless you want to wait for Arkon =).
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

For one day only we will be offering a discount on item trade in requests. Send your PMs today to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity!
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Pm sendt
KeirannHalcynn
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by KeirannHalcynn »

the post mentioned the, "reestablishing of the links".....is that hinting at the link between Hala and Avlis being put back up?
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

KeirannHalcynn wrote:the post mentioned the, "reestablishing of the links".....is that hinting at the link between Hala and Avlis being put back up?
No.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Can I remind people that we don't care how much storebought or +1 stuff you have, as we don't need to remove that from the economy ;).
Zelle
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Zelle »

Ugh, so roughly, for me to get a +3 whip to use instead of my +3 shortsword, I'd have to trade in an additional 8 +3 weapons/items just to change weapon type? Ouuuuuch.

I mean, I can maybe see for some non palate stuff, but ouch. I don't think trading in a bag and a half of good loot is gonna even come CLOSE to what I'd aim for, but I may as well get it priced, since alot of it doens't follow that guide.

What, for example, is a Robe of Scintillating Colors worth? (Low Light Purple, Unlimited Daze, Displacement 1/day)

Also, Rod of Eagle's Splendor, Eagle's Splendor 3/day.

Elven Chainmail (+3 Armor, with +6 Hide+MS and -40% weight reduction)

Amulet of Acid Resistance 20/-

Other stuff too, but I wouldn't even begin to know what those are worth?
<Hoplite> Prop your digging yourself he hugest hole ever bro
<Prophecy67> could be
* Lie takes the shovel from Prophecy67
<Hoplite> Your using a back hoe, drunk, in a china shop
<Prophecy67> The hoe
<Prophecy67> is she cute ?
<Hoplite> Considering your drunk, yes
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Odin Hammersong »

Zelle wrote: Ugh, Ouuuuuch. I mean, I can maybe see for some non palate stuff, but ouch....

Other stuff too, but I wouldn't even begin to know what those are worth?
You're right, the trade-in value of PCs items IS low. But remember the whole point of the trade-in is to get the over-abundance of magic items out of the economy. That's all. It's not meant to give 1:1 value for each magic item a PC has.

It requires the player to "take one for the team" in order to help Hala get it's economy balanced(or as close as we can get to balanced). So it's a small sacrifice for the bigger picture.

Think of it this way: The more stuff that gets turned in, the better chance that Hala can link up with other worlds who are concerned with the amount of magic items here. ;)

--Odin

P.S. I would PM the Team with non pallette items to get their trade in value.

P.P.S. the best way to get something like a +3 whip (and not feel like you're getting screwed), is to just get involved with some plots and RP your butt off. I know you can do that! ;)

Hope that helps. :)
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Can we please keep the excessive commentary out of the sticky news threads. If it does not directly relate to the item trade in via question or response, then guess what. It does not belong in this thread.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Is the trade in still valid or has it run it's course? If it is still going on, who's in charge right now? Still Arkon?

Just wondering.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Zelle
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Zelle »

Gregpooh wrote:Is the trade in still valid or has it run it's course? If it is still going on, who's in charge right now? Still Arkon?

Just wondering.
Bump on this. Any final word on if it's over or not?

After visiting Zach's in Avlis I was shocked to discover that they are so flooded with +2 items that they wouldn't even take my +2 composite shortbow in trade. This leaves me with a bunch of +2 items that are only making the flooding problem worse, yet cost me an arm and a leg to get so I hope I can get SOMETHING in trade for them. Would be nice if I could trade them in this way!
<Hoplite> Prop your digging yourself he hugest hole ever bro
<Prophecy67> could be
* Lie takes the shovel from Prophecy67
<Hoplite> Your using a back hoe, drunk, in a china shop
<Prophecy67> The hoe
<Prophecy67> is she cute ?
<Hoplite> Considering your drunk, yes
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Zachs aka" FFT" and Privateer Enterprises is well.. yeh. I dont think you can really base anything off them except to say that magic items on Avlis are on a different scale then Hala currently. And personally i like working hard for what you get on Hala but i guess i have tested the grass on both lawns now and seen which is green to my eyes *shrugs*
Sears610
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Sears610 »

Hi, thought I would chime in. My PC is one of the main workers at zach's//fft. Comming here for the first time in a long long time has blown me away at the economy here. It is so much better than avlis. Gold here acctually has value. When things go for 2 mill easily its nice to see things not inflated. Now there are many reasons why gold has no value on avlis but I wont bore you lot on my thoghts. So you lot here have it good here, really good. just my 2 cents.
Khaelindra
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Khaelindra »

Sears610 wrote:Hi, thought I would chime in. My PC is one of the main workers at zach's//fft. Comming here for the first time in a long long time has blown me away at the economy here. It is so much better than avlis. Gold here acctually has value. When things go for 2 mill easily its nice to see things not inflated. Now there are many reasons why gold has no value on avlis but I wont bore you lot on my thoghts. So you lot here have it good here, really good. just my 2 cents.

Echo that :)

1) they allowed a HUGE exploit called gemcrafting to allow anyone with much time on their hands to become easy millionaires...players show me their bags full of huge gems and make about 100K per hour with it as they say.

2) they allowed another huge exploit, the farming of expensive gas traps under Mikona, to exist for 3 years too many, allowing a select few to become multimillionaires even though it was repeatedly told...many still wonder why...

I'm guessing Avlis has about a billion gold too much to be anywhere near healthy...it's simply refreshing to come here and experience a normal economy... and find single masterwork bullets again...:)
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.