Arkaz portal

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Arkaz portal

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Portal is once again working correctly.

For future reference, if one of the known server portals quite working, please inform the staff of both teams of the situation. I am unsure as to how long the Arkaz portal had been inoperative. I learned of this on Sunday, but I have heard reports of up to a few weeks or more. The sooner a member of the teams knows about this, the sooner these things can get fixed.

You can make a new post in bug reports for this, and say what portal to which server. Do not say the area in which the portal is in. If you are unsure of what server a portal goes to you can contact me directly in PM's and then you can list the area, or contact me in IRC if you use it.

I will also take this time to note that not all "portals" in the staircase are active or go anywhere. If you come across a server portal that doesn't work, it should display a message saying "Trying to portal..." in the server messages box. Take this into consideration when reporting non-working portals.
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

"Trying to portal..." as opposed to other working portals that will say something different? Or will they just say "Trying to portal... you are portalling right now, you can't do anything." ?
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

I believe the "other" portals are those that you click on and nothing happens at all.
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Last time I tried the greyhawk portal it wasnt working. I think it has been that way for quite a while.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Druid is correct. There are all sorts of portals all over the place in the staircase, some may take you to other areas of the server, some may take you to other servers, some may not do anything at all. Whenever a server portal is working is displays the message:
"Trying to portal... you are portalling right now, you can't do anything."
If a server portal isn't working, it should display:
"Trying to portal...hold on...hold on...hold on...There was an error. Retrying(1)...Your character file could not be transfered successfully (an error occured). Portalling aborted."
Or something similar to that.