Network Power Brown Out

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Network Power Brown Out

Post by Themicles »

Between 9:30am and 10:00am EST this morning, there was a brief brown out on the local power grid. Poseidon, the computer that Hala and Ysgard run on, survived without reset. The servers remained up and running. The DSL modem, on the other hand, locked up as a result and caused a temporary loss of internet connectivity.

Everything is back up as of approximately of 9:50am EST.

We apologize for any inconvenience as the result of unexpected loss of connection to the servers.
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
g1asgow
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by g1asgow »

From my screen it's looking kinda down...

...my screen is often wrong.
Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Post by Themicles »

g1asgow wrote:From my screen it's looking kinda down...

...my screen is often wrong.
Gamespy is not the most reliable way to tell if a server is up or down. There are a variety of things that can interfere with reporting to Gamespy, and apparently some of those things are unknown to me because I can't figure out why Tairis, Hala and Ysgard all stopped showing on Gamespy reliably about a week ago. I'm told they pop on from time to time, though.

Try http://www.copap.org/portal.php?getpage=serverstatus2 for a more reliable way to tell if a server is up or not.

And always use nwn.ysgard.org as the address, never use a direct IP. It is dynamic and will change any time the DSL modem has to be reset.
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard