Persistent Faction System Online

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Zharasthruon
Minor DM

Persistent Faction System Online

Post by Zharasthruon »

There has been made some changes in the way the AI treat the different factions. It will be possible now for PCs to ally with a certain faction, and to fide side on side with NPCs against other PCs and NPCs. Some of the NPCs on hala will now change their thinking about you more dynamically than before. so dont only rely on the "blue" or "red" floating name anymore, this information is ooc and shouldnt be part of your judgement.

Be sure to get yourself one of the new disguise sets, which can be now purchased at your local merchants. the functionality is limited at the moment, but some of you might need this set like breathing very soon :twisted:.

However, the system is still in testphase, the changes has been quite large, and it was not possible to test all of it offline, especially if several PCs were required for a true test. So as always .... there might be bugs. it is unlikely but possible.

Please report anything that is linked to factions, AI behavior and the like here:

http://eventides.net/halaforum/viewtopic.php?t=657

I hope this system can realy contribut to making our world more realistic. look forward to some events which wouldnt have been possible before :wink:

-- game on --
Zharasthruon
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Could we get a list of the current factions? Will there be city ones as well? ie the people of hangate seem to be hostile towards nagrtch sorta, maybe they would assume PCs are from nagrtch or something like that?

Also good job on the system it sounds like it will really add to Hala
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Zharasthruon
Minor DM

Post by Zharasthruon »

I will eventualy post a more or less complete list soon. my time is a bit limited at the moment, because i have some RL trouble to overcome. please be patient. the new things and options will be explained step by step.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Persistant faction OFFLINE!
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!