The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

silverdragonams
Head DM

Password Alert! Please Read

Post by silverdragonams »

If you have not seen this already:
http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107741

Themicles wrote:The CoPaP.org, Tairisnadur.com and Ysgard.org forum databases are safe. However, if you used the same password on all sites, I would recommend that you change your passwords.

It would be unwise to also change your passwords on the Hades or Outlands websites to the same one you're changing the other sites to, as they are hosted by him.

Thank you!
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
p0m
Major DM

Post by p0m »

Copypasta for those of us behind corporate firewalls please?
[i]Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.[/i]
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Alexandru Stanicu wrote:Ladies and Gents,

we the Team and you the Players have been betrayed by someone that we trusted.
While helping solve a problem, Zebranky got a hold of a PW (in a snippet of code) that he was not supposed to, and rather than report this, used that PW to access restricted areas and obtain other PW's and then to download the entire Forums DB, the Server DB, the DM PW, and copies of the server vault and all modules.

With this he has the ability to reverse the encryption on forums PWs and log in as someone else.
Everyone needs to change their forums PW ASAP, and notify the team if you see posts that are in your name that you did not make.

Worse still, with the forums DB he has the ability to reverse the encryption and read every single PM that was stored in the DB at the time of his coping it.

He is now banned from all Avlis controlled media.
Any posts made by him supposedly containing quotes from private forums or PM's need to be read with the idea in mind that he will not be happy about being banned, and by stealing our data and the intellectual property (ie Avlis modules) he has shown that he is not to be trusted.

We are sorry for this breach of your privacy, and have changed all of the PW's that were stolen, with the exception of your forums accounts. (you need to do those)

Thanks for playing on Avlis.

-Alexandru Stanicu
World Leader, Avlis Team
p0m
Major DM

Post by p0m »

Ok.

I'm not going to say it's not possible that your passwords have been comprimised BUT it's a pain in the arse to reverse password hashes on a phpbb3 forum, and would take weeks if not months to crack even one password even providing you had the proper tools at your disposal.

Changing your password is a smart precaution, but I wouldn't be up in arms about it.
[i]Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.[/i]