Explaining my absence

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Arkon
World Leader

Explaining my absence

Post by Arkon »

As most of you have probably noticed, I have been scarce lately. There are a couple of reasons for this. One is that I have been suffering from an extremely severe bout of burn-out. I've been at this for 6 years, been DMing for 5 of them and leading a world for 3-4.

Other reasons include family emergencies and school. The school thing is only going to get worse in the upcoming fall semester as I get into the nursing program.

I am still around doing some admin work such when I can, but I have passed the majority of my ongoing plots on to other DMs to finish for me.

I am sure you will see me around as I will occasionally pop into the client to hand out cookies and say hi and such.

Just wanted to give you guys an update as to what's been happening with me and to say that the rest of the team has done a GREAT JOB in keeping things going. Rave them often, they deserve it.
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

Great to hear from you, my friend. It sounds as if everything is going as well as can be expected. As is often said around here, real life comes first. You have put together a great team and, as mentioned, they are doing a great job.

Enjoy your break, find what's fun, keep taking care of life and yourself. Games will be there when you want to play them. 8)

Happy Almost End of the Semester! :D

-- amby
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Blessings to you and yours, with peace and love.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Thanks for letting us know. Keep in touch and I figured school was part of what was going on.

HUGS and love and let us know how you're doing in school. We will miss you, but we will be here whenever you need us.

Sending lots of good thoughts and karma your way.

Tremayne
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
VIpAcT
Veteran DM

Post by VIpAcT »

Dear Arkon,

When all your hard work pays off and you pull on those blue medical scrubs that they have nurses wear... let me be the first to say:

Blueberry!

haha,

Greatness.
Vipact.
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Take care and do well :)
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
orvarg
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by orvarg »

take care ark you take care of real life and we'll take care of evil :twisted:

orvarg
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Well, shoot! I'm never going away again; wonderful people slink off when I'm not looking!

Does this mean we should not try to contact Aranel about anything IC?

And, yeah, like everybody says, do what you need to do, but I'll miss you horribly, horribly, and be very glad when you feel like you can return again.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Don't worry, for all your absence you'll always be the most frightening DM to me :D

*Goes back to quivering from Arkon's powers.*
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
nwmblondy
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by nwmblondy »

I always said you was a lazy SoB Arkon.

Stay loose man, hope i catch up with you soon :)
I want a date, or a restraining order, you choose.
DarkWaterMelon
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by DarkWaterMelon »

Im sorry to hear this Arkon.

Take the time you need. As long as you stay with us, Im happy. Afterall, you may not know this, but you were the reason, I decided to give it another try, once long ago, I had a burnout myself.
Thank you for always to have been there, when my hubby and I needed it. He is also busy study, which is why he hardly play no more.
Come back when you feel ready and remember RL always comes first.

Moni
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

Hey Arkon Take it easy and enjoy life! School and family are more important. Just dont be a stranger for to long. You are soo much fun :twisted: !

From me and all my characters.

Melissa
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
xinogatorp.
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by xinogatorp. »

Arkon, my Aquarian Brother...

Some of my Mojo is sent to you. Seems like we have almost the same Problems this Spring.