For those of you unfamiliar with a remort, this gives you the option of retiring an epic character that you have grown bored of, and in return you can create a new character with some advantages.
So, for example, if I were to retire my epic "Bob" I could create a new character "Bob's nephew" who inherits 25% of Bob's gold, Bob's house, and some of Bob's old equipment. Or, I could create an unrelated PC, "Sam the Stinger Warrior" who has the stinger appearance, a pair of custom short swords and some fancy armor.
If you would like to take advantage of a remort, please pm your request to the "Hala Team" forum.
Option 1: New Heir PC
The current Epic will be permanently retired, with no possibility of playing it ever again. The player will create and submit a backstory to the Team for approval, and then be allowed to create the epic's Sole Heir. Players choosing this will have the following options available to them for inheritance:
A. 1 Primary Property transfer Only. Merchant and secondary property is sold / auctioned off by the PC, and gold or items are added to their total. Alternatively, non-merchant property can become NPC housing.
B. 2 of the following:
1. Gold transfer to heir PC; 25% up to 2,000,000 gp, whichever is less.
2. Item transfer to heir PC; Up to 3 items.
3. Gold is reduced to max 500,000 gp and Epic becomes NPCOption 2: Completely unrelated New PC
The current Epic will be permanently retired, with no possibility of playing it ever again. The player will create and submit a backstory to the Team for approval, and then create a completely new PC. Players choosing this will have the following options available to them:
A. No Property transfer to new PC. All property is auctioned off by the Epic, and added to their gold or item total, or becomes an NPC home.
B. 1 of the following:
- New PC starts with 25% or 2 million gold, whichever is less.
- New PC starts with 3 nice items. 2 of which can be Custom Items with background describing how they got it. Power of items is limited to the strength of the 3 best items owned by the Epic PC.
C. 1 of the following:
- Retired Epic becomes NPC.
- New PC has appearance changed to model of a nonstandard custom race, subject to approval from the Team.
- New PC starts at level 5
1. The retiring PC must have at least 21 levels, not including ECL levels.
2. The retiring PC must be at least 1 year old. PC's 6 months to a year old will be considered at the team's discretion.
3. The retiring PC must be a Hala native, either created on Hala or naturalized. PC's that came here from Hades or another server that has closed and who are primarily played on Hala now are excluded from this.
Terms and Conditions:
1. No gear with Banned properties can be transferred to anyone.
2. No standard items that are undroppable may be transferred. Custom items that have been marked NoDrop can be.
3. Property jointly owned will become the sole property of the remaining PCs. If at some point an heir would like to purchase ownership to the property, that is acceptable, but any changes count as an update to the property, and must go through the player housing system.
4. All items will be deleted from containers after the Epic is retired, and before the new PC is allowed in game.
5. The retiring PC must remain on Hala while your application is being considered. Any portalling off world will result in an automatic denial of the application.
If there is any evidence that a PC has traded, given, or sold items prior to or during submitting the application outside of the rules and knowledge of the team, the PC will be deleted and all property, items, gold will be turned over to the team. Obviously, don't do this. We will compare .bics over time during the approval process, so you won't get away with it.