World portals

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

World portals

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

After a lot of hard work from a number of people the portal to and from Avlis is working again. That means no more manual transfers and waiting on them to be completed.

I will note there may still be a few bugs and quirks, so be aware of any little detail you might notice when portalling if something does go wrong. That little detail might just be enough to track down an issue that was potentially not forseen.
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Thank you and all involved.

I found the portal by accident and the only bug I can report is that if a server is rebooted when a character is still trying to transition then this confuses the location data. Both the origin and destination servers think the character should be on the other server. Better to log out when told than turn around and go back into the portal (or at least send a message in the DM channel after only a few "...hold on" messages from the attempt to transition rather than leaving it too late as I did).
albonia

Post by albonia »

Great work well done everybody.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

sweet!
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

*dances around in glee*

The only bug? I've found thus far is that sometimes you end up in Sigil and somtimes you end up on Skoria Bay....and not everyone in the same party ends up in the same place. Which.. can be fun for RP ( :twisted: ), but if it is a bug, I thought I'd mention it. 8)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

It looks like if you've had a bic transfer, you will get jumped to the last place you were before the transfer on portalling from Avlis, so you should end up in the right spot the next time you portal.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

*Dances in Glee*

I'd like to thank the Hala Team, the Avlis Team and the Arkaz team for their hard work.

I'm glad to have all three worlds connected again!
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
luminance
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by luminance »

The Sigil/Skoria bay same party split happened to two characters portalling from Arkaz to Hala through the obelisk on Arkaz. I'm the one who ended up in Skoria bay, it sent me to Sigil first, then immediately to Skoria bay. The other character should have been in Skoria bay last as well, seeing as it was an Arkaz/Hala transfer, not a Hala/Avlis one. c:

Not sure if that helps.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

The same issue coming from Arkaz is to be expected. Over the last few weeks there has been a lot of behind the scenes work to get ready for the portals, including script updates that affect location tracking (which has always been wonky in the staircase anyway). Where you end up the first time you portal depends a lot on when and how you portaled last. Eventually you should end up in Sigil every time.
solitude_peace
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by solitude_peace »

I don't even mind the random entry points.. that was always a fun RP..

Thenk you and Great Work to all involved in the repair!