Website Hosting Bill Due Monday and Donating

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Website Hosting Bill Due Monday and Donating

Post by Themicles »

Just a reminder that we have a web hosting specific donation button alongside the PayPal button where you can help support us by paying directly into our website hosting. This goes to the hosting and only the hosting and cannot be used for anything else. The money cannot be withdrawn for other purposes.

The bill is for $119.40 and will be paid Monday whether or not we get donations, but if you can donate it would be much appreciated. The hosting covers copap.org, tairisnadur.com and ysgard.org as well as a personal test site of mine and file hosting for Horred.

Our laptop died some time ago now, and the borrowed computer that Kessa has been using just died as well. With trying to build her a new computer, money is tight. Bills come first, so she may be without a computer for a while. Less than $300 left in that build, but it's $300 we currently don't have.

If you're interested in the other bills that keep our server running, the 6mbit DSL that the game servers are hosted on runs $40 a month. The electricity I'm not going to count as I don't have exact figures. Hardware replacements obviously vary and we haven't needed one in a while but Poseidon (runs Hala and Ysgard) really could use a new build.
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

$25 donated! :)

Thank you, as always, for maintaining the hardware and services that keep Ysgard and other worlds running. It's easy to forget about the behind-the-scenes stuff at times, so don't hesitate to remind us to chip in. I'm especially forgetful, so I often donate when reminded to do so!

Regards,

Andrew
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

Post by Themicles »

The website hosting bill is now paid for the year. Any further donations via the web-hosting-specific donate button will be automatically kept in the hosting account until next year's bill. Don't forget there is also a general PayPal button to donate for general purposes such as upgrading, maintaining or rebuilding the game servers.
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard