Ysgard goes live again (ish)

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Re: Ysgard goes live again (ish)

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Nastr0nd wrote:
Logging in as someone else: DON'T. The system logs all connections to the server (even if they actually don't log in as a player) and anyone who tries to log in under someone else's GSID will be banned.
Do I really even need to stress this further? Don't do this, don't even attempt it, don't even think about it, or think about thinking about it. This isn't Nike where we "Just Do It", here it is

Just Don't
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

LP isnt joking, they can see if you even thought of doing this....which will get you banned and flagged on copap.
GimpGenius
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by GimpGenius »

Avlis has a slightly different work-around in place. Has there been any confirmation that an Avlis/Ysgard (or vice versa) is viable?

I can't log in until this evening, but if nobody's tried it yet I'll try to run a few lowbie alts through (assuming there's no issue with doing that for the sake of people not getting stranded in domination limbo :P )
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

The validation systems have nothing to do with the portalling systems, so it shouldn't be affected. So long as you've filled in Avlis's form you should be fine to portal.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

As silverdragonams said, if you have done Avlis' form for validation, portalling works fine between Ysgard and Avlis, I was able to test and confirm this last night.
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

On the flip side, has anyone tested the Arkaz/Ysgard portal? We're using the same verification system you all are.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

The systems are not mutual, so as long as they work independently, there should be no issue.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

I heard from various players that as long as you're registered on all of Ysgard/Hala, Avlis and Arkaz with the worlds' systems that portalling to and from any of those worlds works just fine.

As was pointed out, Avlis uses a different system, so make sure the GSID you're using to portal over is registered and you can actually play there. I think there's a time frame you had to be logged on Avlis before the MS went down that would allow you to log on there.... past that time frame, the system can't verify your account. For the time being, anyway.

For more info on the Avlis system, click here.
Ronan
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Ronan »

Ysgard/Arkaz portal was tested before the announcement that portalling was functional :D You will however need to set your password the first time you portal.