Ysgard/Hala switching to Alpha Server

The latest announcements from your Hala Team

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Ysgard/Hala switching to Alpha Server

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Sometime over the course of the next few days, we will be making the switch to use Alpha Server, currently used by Avlis and Tairis.

If you have already registered your accounts through Alpha via Avlis, then there is nothing more that you need to do.
GOG.com keys

Please be aware that when you purchase NWN from GOG.com that it comes with a set of default keys. Even though the MasterServer is no longer operational, the NWN server software requires that all players connecting to it must have a unique set of keys. We have blocked the default keys to prevent issues.

GOG will supply their customers with a unique set of keys suitable for multiplayer use. Please visit this page to request new keys: [link].

Your servers keep telling me "Your player name has been refused by the server"

On June 28, 2011 Bioware's Master Server was taken offline and has not been restored or replaced. The Master Server provided authentication services for NWN multiplayer servers. Some form of MSID authentication is necessary to prevent account hijacking.

What is the Alpha Server?

Alpha is a replacement Master Server that authenticates NWN multiplayer logins to select NWN servers. It does not decrypt Premium modules and never will. Since we do not have access to the Master Server database, we need to collect authentication information from you before you can play.

If you had played on Avlis between June 19th and June 29th, I have an authentication session on file and all you need to do is to register with the web page. All other requests need to send a PM to the Alpha Administrators for assistance.

Who are the Alpha Admins?

PlasmaJohn, TripleAught, maxinion, refminion

I've never logged into Avlis before what do I need to do?

New players may use any ID they wish that does not match one that we have on file. If and when the Master Server returns, you will need to reauthenticate that ID against the Master Server. If you cannot satisfy the Master Server you will not get access to the characters created under that ID until you can.

Safe Harbor Exception: If the id created is prefixed with 'avlis_' we will make sure that you have access to your characters one way or the other.

If you choose not to use an 'avlis_' prefixed MSID, please let me know that you have read and understood this section in your PM.

I've logged into Avlis before what do I need to do?

If you want in you need to register your NWN multiplayer login and password with a web form. We don't ask for this lightly and we understand that's going to be uncool with people, so there will be other options in the future. If this doesn't scare you off read on.

If you had logged in between June 19th and June 29th of 2011 you only need to visit visit https://world.avlis.org:20443/alpha/ to register your multiplayer password. Please check there first. If it rejects you then you must get help from an Admin.

Please clearly state what your MSID is when sending in requests even if it matches your board id. Making the Administrators guess who you are will lead to significant delays in handling your request. Please do not send your multiplayer password or cdkeys. We will not ever ask you to PM those.

We are not blindly handing out registrations. Before they're approved, the Administrator has to verify that you have rights to that MSID. The best way for us to do this is if the board account you are PM'ing from has posted as at least one of the characters linked to the MSID prior to June 29, 2011. If you already have a verifiable established account that this MSID is an alt for we can try to match your cdkeys, but you will need to send your request from the primary.

My browser is complaining about your certificate.

The certificate is for avlis.blackdagger.net and needs to be regenerated for world.avlis.org. The SHA Fingerprint is:

Code: Select all

SHA1 Fingerprint=F4:C4:85:03:00:2A:E0:D2:3B:08:D9:0E:16:56:41:58:EE:6D:A1:09
The registration form keeps rejecting my login and password

If you have Remember Password ticked in your client, look in your nwnplayer.ini file for a line that says Password=yourpassword and make sure that what you're typing into the form matches that. If you're still having trouble please send your multiplayer ID (only, no passwords) to our Alpha administrators (see above).

Is this secure?

The password is transformed by a one-way function. This means there is no function to take the result and produce your password. This is not perfect, it only makes it harder to break. Before I save the result, it is encrypted using a two-key system. The website only has the encryption key and cannot decrypt the data.

While I have taken pains to harden the servers I will not and cannot claim they are perfectly secure. Anybody who does make such a claim is lying, stupid or both.

Who else is using Alpha?

So far this Avlis and Tairis only. It will be offered to the other CoPaP servers as soon as some administrative details are worked out.
Above is the basic information, though send all requests to myself. If your account has never logged in to Avlis before you will also need to PM PlasmaJohn.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Hey folks!

From now on, if you need to register an account with Alpha Server you may contact myself or Psye Shaar.

Thanks
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com