Kade and his dissapearance

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Kade and his dissapearance

Post by charlierazor »

Alright,

I've been real hush hush about this, cuz I feel bad for the DM's. They went through a great deal of trouble to make my guild exist, and then I ditch it.

Let me explain why, and hope that you understand. I have small reasons off to the side that I'm not going to explain, but the major reason is this:

When I became leader of that guild, IRL I was just a cashier at customer service for ROSS. After becoming the leader of that guild, I also became Area Supervisor at work, and now I lead a crew of 8 against the onslaught of customer brutality to our store. It's alot of stress. So much stress, that at times I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack. Especially when we should have 12 crewmembers runnin the store. Anyhow, I'd come home to play, and ultimately feel like I was still at work.

I've come to grips with the matter, and realized I need to be upfront with you all about it. Maybe it has something to do with the Paladin that I play now. Damn him and his morals. Heh.

As far as Kade/Jax is concerned. He won't be back. Arkon and Dune I thank you for your troubles, and I'm sorry I'm doing this to you. Even more so, I thank you for being the excellent DM's that you've proved to be. I thank all the players that I had a wonderful time rping with, and those of you that I've even become OOC friends with.

In final notice, this isn't the last you've heard of me. I've been playing on CoPaP for about a year now, and I'm not going anywhere.

Charlie
-Charlie
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Now you all know the truth

So stop asking me! o_O
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by charlierazor »

Maybe I wasn't real clear people, but this was effecting my health, and it still is. The stress level is too much. I'd hate to be the president or govenor. I couldn't hang. I'm sorry, but my health does come first in all things that I do. I could manage being just leader of the SSC. I could manage being just leader at ROSS. But both.... :shock:

So stop sending me pm's and flamin me. Please!

Edit: And these pms...are -exactly- why I didn't want to say anything!
-Charlie
Grimm
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Grimm »

Its just a game, real life comes first most definitely. So when it calls you respond, theirs nothing that can be said that will change that. Whoever is upset about this will calm down in time, I do understand what it is to put alot of effort into something and not see it flourish.
-Sam
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

*rant on*

Edit: And these pms...are -exactly- why I didn't want to say anything!
If the players involved in this guild are PMing you with negitive comments or 'flaming' you over this then it's probably a very good thing that the guild didn't get off the ground. Thats just dumb.

I've been in your shoes working as the leader of a guild and a leader in my RL job. It's a difficult balancing act and sometimes players don't appriciate the amount of work before jumping into the guild leader shoes.

As a leader in RL your job takes up a lot of your time. (and should take presedence)
I've had to quit playing once to get a guy out of jail heh. The more your involved in work the more your guild suffers - as evident with the Celestial Order. I'm stuck playing week-ends for a fewhours, little time to do recruiting, patrolings, meetings etc.. I'm quite the inactive guild leader but I found a trick (see below)

One temptation as a leader is to micro manage. You want everything done right so you do it yourself. That doesn't work. You burn yourself out. By working with/training other players in your guild to be leaders ie breaking your guild into groups/companies - you can spread out your responsibilities as a leader to other players which bennifits them, bennifits you and most of all bennifits the guild.
Try it you'd be surprised. I've found a lot of people in game guilds dont like "sharing the power". Once they get on top they cling to the position like it's life or death. Don't be that guy :) train your people. I'm confident that if I need to go 100% inactive from my guild due to work reasons (or a coup in the guild heh) that i can pass off the leadership hat to Sara, Tris, Sulavan even Ril (with a little work :lol: ) and the guild would be in good hands and not only be there when/if i come back but thriving.

*rant off*
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

If people are sending you flaming PMs... Please forward them on to me. This is griefing and anyone caught doing this will be dealt with. It's rediculous, Childish, and it WILL NOT be tolerated.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

*nods in a supporting yet (hopefully) intimidating fashion*

right on Arkon
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton