Absent in-between 10th and 20th August

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Absent in-between 10th and 20th August

Post by Void Hamlet »

Absent in-between 10th and 20th August.
I am going to my hometown, which means the seaside.

Re-installing NWN today (which means I shall hopefully be on this Thursday); working on (removed after much doubts) and - last but not least - watching you.

Black Sea; Varna, Bulgaria.
It's more dirty than it looks but I love it. 8)
Last edited by Void Hamlet on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Pretty... *drools*
I'm jealous. I want to go to the seaside!

Oh well, enjoy your trip to your hometown, Maya! Get some sun, sit on that beach, then come back to us happy and healthy.
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

I just wasted 30 USD (1/5 my monthly salary) on a decent bathing suit ... Looks so hot on me ... * Drools * I might bring photos. But for now I'd concentrate on the sweet side. * Points to IC boards *

http://www.ysgardhala.org/viewtopic.php?t=1688
Last edited by Void Hamlet on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Oh well, Feril's stuck testing Sarmanos' twisted evil things on Hades, so no candy for me. :( I'll see you again when you get back, though!
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Date edited.

As for the bathing suit, currently a glimpse of it can be found following the link in my forum signature. :P
Coco1
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Coco1 »

OH...thats terrible - how will Dala be able to keep on going with out her candy? :shock: She will be missing the Candy Fairy a lot...

Heh...well, I do hope you will have a great time in your hometown... the seaside looks terrific. :) Wish it was me...

Dala
Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lir'ana »

Have mucho fun :) and I won't ask what the floating black thing in the water is. Ewwwwwwww! rofl
teagirl03
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by teagirl03 »

Have a wonderful time, and we'll see you when you get back! :) Get some sun for meh!

*hugz*

Cal
I thought we were having stove top? I want none of this soul toast!
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Throwing in a bit of the fun just for you.

He: And by the way we ain't staying at your parents
Me: Huh?
He: Well ... we've booked rooms for 10 days at the hotel of the Ministry of Defence at (Insert Unbelievably Expensive Sea Resort Name Here)
Me: Uh-huh ... Okay, though ... you know I am from Varna, spent 18 years by the seaside and now I am going on vacation by the sea at some HaWt place? My mother will laugh at me etc etc
He: Well ... as I said, we've booked there - we're going there
Me: Okay, I am taking mom then (while saying in fact "Okay, it's you who works for ATARI, not me, you are paying for this not me and mom won't agree to come anyway")

At present I am at the seaside at some place so shiny I feel ashamed to use the bathroom.
The neighbouring hotel has a ship on the roof. A real one.

It's full of ... British, French, Spanish, German, Austrian, Russian, American, Arabian etc people and there are almost no Bulgarians around except for a part of the beach which is close enough to my home town; the city of Varna.
The British are odd; old ladies dragging relatively young men, holding hands and getting drunk.
The French are odd; they buy Russian mineral water and drink it even though the whole resort is full of mineral springs.
The Spanish are odd; they sing all night long.
The German are odd; I never saw such fatty children.
The Austrian are bearable; they are quiet and usually to be found in some pub under a shadow.
The Russian are mafia members for the most part.
The American simply suck big time; plain, fat or both.
The Arabian are a great sight at the beach; dressed top to toe.

My mother laughed at me a lot anyway :roll:
Last edited by Void Hamlet on Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

HUH...void....no Danish.....that cant be true.....just look after the ones that look a bit like the germans, talks funny and most of em will be running around in slippers and a jogging gear..........thats us.

Asbendale
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Void Hamlet wrote:It's full of ... British, French, Spanish, German, Austrian, Russian, American, Arabian etc people and there are almost no Bulgarians around except for a part of the beach which is close enough to my home town; the city of Varna.
The British are odd; old ladies dragging relatively young men, holding hands and getting drunk.
The French are odd; they buy Russian mineral water and drink it even though the whole resort is full of mineral springs.
The Spanish are odd; they sing all night long.
The German are odd; I never saw such fatty children.
The Austrian are bearable; they are quiet and usually to be found in some pub under a shadow.
The Russian are mafia members for the most part.
The American simply suck big time; plain, fat or both.
The Arabian are a great sight at the beach; dressed top to toe.
Wow, I've never seen that many negative remarks about so many people in one post. Hope you're having fun. :roll:
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Hah, most of these were not negative remarks :twisted:

I am dead sure there are Danish folk around; in fact I'd bet on a solid amount of representatives of almost any European nation you might think of. After all, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkie are wide-known for the beach resorts which seem relatively cheap compared to the French Mediterranean coast for example.

Bwahaha. I just asked the girl at the hotel reception for a broom, since a lot of the sand in my bathing suit came on the floor ... And she's asking, "What do you need a broom for?" with a most serious tone.

OMFG ... :D

PS And that's the place:

T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Danish and Israel women. :shock:

Not a big fan or beach resorts.

If you really want a vacation go somewhere it's secluded like deep into the forest, in the mountains or in the desert.

My next vacations will be Greece (visit the hot gates at Thermopolye). Pyramids in Egypt. Israel because the girls in the army over there would probably love to swap notes with me, Russia, Croatia again, Japan and then probably Tibet.

just UFI

ps
North Americans are really loud when they travel and love to make sure everyone knows they are from North America, to the point of being rude. People from Europe love to point out how much they dislike boorish and rude North Americans, quite loudly and rudely.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:probably love to swap notes with me, .
Interesting way of spelling spit

:D
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:North Americans are really loud when they travel and love to make sure everyone knows they are from North America, to the point of being rude. People from Europe love to point out how much they dislike boorish and rude North Americans, quite loudly and rudely.
Oh, the pain of correcting T's typos before quoting him. :shock:
But yes, he is right. Damn right.

Speaking of which - since this is the thread of Void Journals, I feel free to mess in here.

I detest and rarely if ever I pity people who are not born on the coast and come on summer vacation, then claim they have seen the sea.

The sea is a murderous being, its face in spring, autumn, winter cannot compare to the timid bog it is in the summer. When it is not a timid bog, they shun it. I understand their reasoning, they do not understand when I walk by the shore in December and sing. They lose so much! I have gained so much while I grew up by the sea ... tree blossom petals over the polluted icy water ... winter snow storms, whirl of snow and sand, waves crashing over the iced pier (catching a cold guaranteed) ... everything I dream is in the waves, and I cannot even swim.

Now I anticipate the autumn.
I love the name, "fall".
The waves turn to lead.
In a few months, gray timelessness will come.
Empty days, pale light, dull colours.
And I dream of forever approaching winter.*

I know, I am still a dork.

Post by Xanthalas »

Void Hamlet wrote: Now I anticipate the autumn.
I love the name, "fall".
The waves turn to lead.
In a few months, gray timelessness will come.
Empty days, pale light, dull colours.
And I dream of forever approaching winter.
This my dear is what truly makes you beautiful.

*claps*

*re-reads the last line* ..... eww... no wonder you hardly ever sleep....
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

You cute, huggable dork, Void.
Group hug!
*me grabs tight hold around Void, and waits for everyone else to jump on*
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Nevermind huggable, have you SEEN her signature?
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Which one, her new bathing suit?
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

NWDuneAuron wrote:Nevermind huggable, have you SEEN her signature?
Its stapled to my bedroom wall now... :D
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I turned it into a mouse pad.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Zombie wrote:I turned it into a mouse pad.
Watch it, copyright is a monster. :wink:

Just for sake of sparing you the vain glory of starting my fanclub (NO you are NOT doing it) I'd stick to publishing mainly photos of nature once I am back. Erasing my doubtfully adorable corporeal image from most of them would perhaps take a little time. They say one should maybe look on the inside of a human being rather than on the outside no matter how saucy the outside is - and there goes, on the inside I am made of meat, bones and miscelaneous liquids! See, I did not even mention the brain! :D
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Odin Hammersong »

:oops:
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Void Hamlet wrote:See, I did not even mention the brain! :D
Its Okay.... We wont mention it either. :lol:
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

MMMMMMMM miscelaneous liquids.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]