Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

How to be a responsible adventurer

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

How to be a responsible adventurer

Ever found yourself...

Waiting around 15 minutes for someone to catch up from a death run?
Running back yourself?
Taking the long way back to town because the wizard with you is out of teleportation components?
Crash then come back in the game to find yourself surrounded by baddies?

Theres a way to avoid that.
Just a little planning.

Take some of your gold and buy a few raise dead scrolls and just leave them on your main invintory. If you die someone can easily grab them from you (dont put them in bags) and raise you. Then you can be on your way. You can also use them to raise someone else, if you like them :)

Buy some teleportation reagents. Ya their expensive but imagine how much it costs mages and clerics. These guys are pretty good for teleporting people around but it probably would be nice for them if someone else coughed up the spell components now and then.
Even if it's one or two sets of the reagents, you can turn and say 'hey i got this one' kinda thing.
Also, if a mage runs out by accident your going to look like a hero saving everyone from a huge walk.

Buy invisibility potions. You always always need these things. If you need to sneak past a monster, crash and come back in the middle of a spawn, or if someone needs to run back to town you can slip them a few.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Odin Hammersong »

Sage advice! Following those tips will definetely improve your experience in Hala. And will most likely get you invited on many future trips.

Nice post, T.
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]
micah ormane
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by micah ormane »

I personally prefer to learn this stuff IG. Characters might know such things exist, let alone how to best plan a strategy. Teaching and learning these things the hard way, ICly, can add great depth to character interaction.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

You would think this suff ishould be common dog, but she aient :)
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.