Top Ten of Hala

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Top Ten of Hala

Post by Idonia »

Yes I am copying off of Avlis. Mmmmslightly. Oh well.

I realize, for new players or even some old ones it may be hard to name ten. You can do as little as you want, or even more than ten. I just didn't think naming the thread "People you like on Hala" sounded very cool.

These ten people can either be PCs, or a player of Hala that you have had wonderful IG experiences with/ admire their roleplay/ something similar (put gamespy or Hala forum account name.)

Can you have two of the nearly same person because you think both are absolutely awesome and need separate praise? Yes. I.E

1. JohnDoe123 (The Player)
2. John Eilrfz (A character of the player above.)

I'll be naming my Top Ten later, once I go over it a few times and make sure I havn't forgotten anyone.

No you can not put Enrique the Furious as one.

Edited. :/
Last edited by Idonia on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

For those of you who are drunk, like Spartan, send me a PM and I'll dumb it down for you. Or you can wait until you are sober.
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Disclaimer: These are not in any particular order. Just randomly. They're all best in my eyes.

1: NWDuneAuron. I wub you. One of my five best friends on Hala and CoPaP.

2: Arkon. You're great. I don't know how you manage to put up with everything and everyone who you do, but you have the heart of an (evil) angel. ;)

3: IMPAH! I wub mah Vronnie!

4: Teh Zorzicle. You know why. =)

5: Laurabean! Sure, you don't play on Hala, but you lurk in the IRC channel, so good enough. =D You know why too.

6: Squee! And Calandra, too! I wub you, tons of fun.

7: Nob: For his random songs in IRC about CoPaP stuff that Zebranky was relating to me the other day through MSN. I miss IRC. >.>

8: Roadcone/Drakull. My favoritiest orange reflecty-striped cone!

9: Dala's player. Lots of fun with you, I miss you!

10: DYERS!

11: Everyone else who I forgot to mention, didn't have room to mention, don't know, or who wants to imagine that they were mentioned!
Serenyddion, talking about Upholstery_Imp and myself:
"Wow, it's like the insanity of both of you somehow refracts off the other and is magnified in the process."
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Disclaimer: Just like Solar's, these aren't in a particular order, and the people I put on here are here because I have had fun experiences with them IG and/or like them as a player. Please do not make any comments or heckle me later about my opinions.

1. Charlierazor. I don't think I would have stayed on Hala this long if it wasn't for you. :)

2. Druid523/Scelusi-oh-oh-ohhh. Funniest person I know from the game. That or I don't know too many people. :P And I guess your goatee is okay, so long as you brush the crumbs out of it.

3. Solar Shinryuu. Because she gave me that horn of aid. >_>

4. Unebrion Kalchas. I doubt I'll meet another character as pessimistic and sarcastic as him. Yaaaay Kalchas! :D Awesome RP.

5. Fredegar. <3 you, Freddy!

6. Micah. I still can't solve your freaking riddles.

7. Xanthalas. No further words. :)

8. Serenyddion. Stay away from me, you're dangerous, with your almighty friendliness and self-sacrifice!

9. Whoever made Death talk to Lily.

10. Can't think of any more. I might fill in this space soon.
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Additions to my list:

Fredegar!
Micah!
Serenyddion!
YAY!

Ghawd darn it, Vronnie. Why'd you have to make it just ten...
"Wow, it's like the insanity of both of you somehow refracts off the other and is magnified in the process."
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Final Shinryuu wrote:
or even more than ten
charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by charlierazor »

Hmmm......toughie.

1. Imp. Naturally. That charisma of Lily's will swoon anyone! *coughs* Xyr! *coughs* Damn hair ball.... ;)

2. Xanthalas. Brother for life. One of few who actually called me to find out how I was doing as I transitioned from NorCal to SoCal. Was willing to make a huge sacrifice in my time of need, and an amazing roleplayer.
3. chancellor for the inspiration that is my current main.

4. Sceluscio for all the fun rp through the slew of my mains. LOL.

5. Grimm and the Former Demon Army Gang for the memorable rp moments with Risdyn. (Okay, so I cheated, and included Calandra, Niko, Slogth, Denegar, Marcus, Lir'ana, Wyland, etc. for number 5.)

6. Saradragonams for the amazing quest/story that is Celawyn.

7. Arkon for being an excellent DM

8. Alright. I guess. Final Shinryu for all the annoyingly fun rp with Feril. :twisted:

9. That one person whom I've completly forgotten, but I know I'll kick myself later for forgetting.

10. VoidHamlet. Without Question by far one person who has had a great impact in my life, and NWN, through her kind heart, open ears, and wise mind. There for me as I played Antion. There for me as I played Vlos Orthae. There for me IRL. Thanks. :)

(I'd like to note that the people listed on this list, I view as amazing role players, some more than others, but that is for me to know, and everyone else to wonder.)

Charlie
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

upholstery_imp wrote:
Final Shinryuu wrote:
or even more than ten
Shaddaup. I can't be expected to read coherently after 1:00 in the morning. =P
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Too many for me to mention. I have great fun with everyone I interact with in game. I will keep playing NWN as long as Hala is up and running. A great team, and a great player base that keeps me comming back and staying up far too much.

Shame I live where I do or I would be at the meet :cry:
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Forgive me, beforehand, if I've forgotten someone significant...I'm only human and am often forgetful.

1) Imp (Lily) - Probably one of the brightest (read: witty) people I know (even including those I know offline), which also makes her one of the funniest people I know. One of my favorite things is her typingwordstogetherwithoutspacestoexpressexcitement. Another is her ability to spell out "slang" with such precision that I can immediately "hear" what she's trying to say. I wish I could better explain what I mean by that, but hopefully she, at least, understands. These little tidbits aside, I find her to be a breath of fresh air, and it's unfortunate that she doesn't often grace Hala with her presence as of late.

2) Tracilyn (Calandra) - Another amazing lady who doesn't fit the typical mold, which can be seen in her own personality and that of her characters, my favorite of which is Calandra. Sceluscio is quite fond of Cal, who is, in fact, the one person across all the planes that he trusts wholeheartedly. As for the player, she laughs at my lame, childish jokes, which will always win me over. She's shared some interesting things with me, the least of which is recommending a few good songs/artists (Fischerspooner - Never Win is my latest favorite). To put it simply, she's treated me with kindness and respect and has been, from my point of view, a wonderful friend to have. I hope the feeling is mutual.

3) Jason (Niko) - I could sum it all up by drawing a penis with numbers, letters and mathematical operators (i.e., 8===D, for those few who have trouble wondering how that could be possible). However, before closing, I'd like to stroke his ego (since he won't let me near him to stroke anything else) by praising his (sometimes overly) blunt honesty. He tells it like it is, to use a cliché. That's very refreshing, and not oft-seen. I think it's fascinating how he channels this verbal frankness into action through Niko. Interesting character, interesting player.

4) Charlie (Risdyn, Celawyn, Sigo) - I won't mention some of his other characters, since my more memorable experiences are with these three. "Silver" and Scel cut their palms with +1 daggers and clasped hands as a sign of friendship and bonding (blood brothers, if you will). One of the most striking events that's happened to Scel, I think. As for Celawyn...Scel hates Celawyn, haha. And that's why I love Celawyn. Lastly, there's Sigo, one of the three heads of the future Psionicist guild that I think about everyday as I work in this damned Toolset on our guild tower. It was Sigo's suggestion that brought him, Scel and Caius together at the future spot of our tower. Charlie's enthusiasm is very infectious.

5) Shinryuu (Feril & Mystie Cinderfolly) - Someone who's developed a character so well known that "Feril" has become a household name, someone who's saved a server (Hades) and turned it around to become an almost overnight-success, someone who spent the time (as Mystie) to take a young Sceluscio Potementia under her wing and be his mentor for a short, but very memorable (for myself at any rate), period of time, someone about whom there is just so much good to say that I don't doubt that Shinryuu will make it on almost everyone's Top Ten.

6) Arkon - This man deserves to get laid every night for all the stress he must deal with every day. Just from me, he's put up with my endless stream of questions, my endless requests, my arguments about psionic this and psionic that. He runs a tight ship, but is more than fair and, above all, runs this server with one overarching goal in mind, our fun and enjoyment. All the thanks in the world to you, Arkon.

7) Grant (Caius & Tholoth) - The other of the three heads of the future Psionicist guild. Having been around for a long time before me, he's already firmly established himself on Hala with Tholoth Shadowborn. That he has reached out to me with his other character, Caius, is quite an honor. I hope that, through this joint effort in starting a psion guild on Hala, Caius and Scel will provide each other the opportunity to grow as characters and, if I may be so bold, provide Grant and myself the opportunity to become better roleplayers.

8) Silverdragonams - Sarakin was the first person to greet me when I first came to Hala. DM NoGoodDancer was the first DM to start a plot with me and continue with it over a long period of time (and I still cannot wait to see how this plays out!). She is one of the first reasons that come to mind when I have to answer the question, "Why do you play on Hala?". I am lucky, indeed, to have the pleasure of both a player-player relationship and a DM-player relationship with such a giving (and all good things that word entails) person.

9) Shannon (Raim & Sky) - One of the friendliest players I know. When I log into Hala and see that she's on, I make an effort to stick around so I can, at the very least, talk with her briefly through Tells. She is one of those people who, as bad as it is for you, makes you want to keep playing just a little bit longer than you should. As for her characters, I've noticed one thing that both Raim and Sky can do very well...and that's get a reaction from Scel. The few private exchanges that Scel and Raim have had and that Scel and Sky have had are quite memorable (again, to me, at least). I suppose that's why I try to stay online when she's also on: to wait for one of those rare chances that Scel and Raim/Sky can have yet another interesting repartee.

10) Sam (Grimm) - First of all, this man is letting me stay at his (parents', haha) house for the meet in April. I owe him big time for that. Secondly...and this will entail yet another thanks, Sam and I once spent an hour or so on that large mountain in Mirtho oocly discussing roleplaying and how to better roleplay; Calandra joined us 3/4 of the way through, but then it turned to pure (and unbelievably fun) silliness. But before the silliness, I picked up a few good pointers that I have been using ever since. Unforunately, he left Hala for a while. But now, he's back and I hope he's planning to stay. Scel never had much of a chance to roleplay with Grimm. I've heard great things from those who have had that opportunity, so I await my turn.

11) Erik (Xai, Rykolyn) - I don't know why it is...but all his characters annoy Scel! And, because of that, I don't know why I'm excited to see this guy sign on. Whatever it is, I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying with his characters (one of my favorite episodes involving one Sceluscio Potementia trying to save Cal from Rykolyn's advances by running in and interrupting their conversation with a panicked [and false] "There's a fire in Nagritch!!"). And I LOVED the fact that Erik remembered this one seemingly unimportant moment and used it months later to promote some awesome roleplaying later in the Ice Palace mountains.

12) Halfling (Antara) - I've already raved about Antara and the player behind her in the "Rave: Fredegar (Halfling)" forum topic way back in September. All that still holds true. Since then, Halfling has been kind enough to answer my random Toolset questions and even took a considerable amount of time to help me in-game with a question about the Pyramid (which Arkon suggested I look at to get some ideas for the Tower I'm working on). Thank you for all your help!

13-17) The following are players and characters I hope to get to know better: Zombie (Morgan & Grovel), Chris (Lir'ana & Drae), Psye (Tris), Luis (Thrar), and Jon (Elam & Jasper).

-Andrew
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

*Pushes more people to post.* :evil:
princessofjustice
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by princessofjustice »

hrmm its tough descion to make but i have my top ten i think....

1) Grimm : he is just an all around funny and a good friend of mine hes made Hala good experiance for me as of late :D hes made me realize what rping was about again.. which is having fun and doing unlimited possibilites
2.) Scel: OMG not enough words to even decribe him :P hes an awesome guy who making playing my two characters a blast and i enjoy the moments that my charcter and his encounter
3.) Celawyn/ Sigo: he was one of the first people i met on Hala and me feel welcome to server and an awesome rper as well
4.) Niko: this guy is what makes me laugh from time to time when i am feeling sad ..i rememeber him from my days of avlis .. he just isnt the same Niko anymore :lol:
5.)Calandra/Kailynn:yet another person who mde me feel welcome to Hala.. shes a good friend of mine off line she is one the most craziest player ive seen with how she rps her players it amazing i tell ya :P
6.) Lily: what more can i say shes just a funny person to be around she's is an unique person to be around which makes being here worth more all the while
7.) Arkon: best dming i've seen since playing Hala.. his plots are awesome and his dedication is just bananas ..keep up the good work Arkon
8.)Xyr/Ryk: Not enough words to even express him.. lets just say *tackle snuggle hugs*
9.)Drae/Lir: dude your just insane with your pcs which makes it all the more fun to rp with you
10.)Ginah: ive played with this person for well over a year and it brings back memeories of my very first pc that i ever played. im just glad that Ginah is here on Hala to keep me sane :D
11.) Morgan/Grovel:LOL dude Morgans scares me sometimes but shes a good friend of Raim's and Grovel *laughs hard* he gives me a good laugh when i always need one who cant love a goblin that has his own buiness in Mirtho :D
12.) Talisha: awesome player and great dm i miss her events tho :D
13.) Syc: just a few words here I LOVE MY SYC!!!
14.)Dengar: who knew a dwarf could be loveable!!!
15.) Liera: overall genreal loveable player made me want to play cleric again :D
Last edited by princessofjustice on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Dengars top TEN

Post by Dengar »

Morgan
Grimm
Denegar/Vilmi
Lir/Drea
Cal/Kal
Niko
Lily
Dala
Absen
Raim/Sky

No one picked me =(

Ha ha!
Traces Of Reality
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Traces Of Reality »

I wouldn't be able to put these in any order, even if I tried :wink:

1.) I know it's kinda cheating when you add more than one as one but definitly the whole Hala team. It takes a great team to make a server great so I heart you all <3 8)

2.) The entire server, if that counts. There's always something new to explore (and die at :P). I never get bored when I'm on, even when I'm the only peepy on the server... well, I almost never get bored if I'm the only one on because there's always some place I haven't been to.

3.) The Black Tower for being the first and only place so far on this entire game that actually scared me. I can't remember the names of those goofy looking skeleton things with scrawny legs, scorpion-like tails and big heads but I almost peed my pants when they came after me. The place still kinda freaks me out but I'm not complaining LOL

4.) Jskee.... hmmm, gotta add him because that's a rule and it would be a bad one to break :wink:

5.) Xanthalas for being one of the few victims I pick on through tells and for being such a nicey :D

6.) The entire Demon Army clan, especially the great evil one Grimm Imagolas. I always enjoyed the chaos we caused :twisted:

7.) Druid523 for being another victim of mine. I never expected Scel to put on them pretty dresses Scarlett handed him but he did! *hug*

8.) Final Shinryu.... I don't think any my characters ever wanted to kill the heck outta anyone else so badly for being so amazingly annoying. Feril is the greatest and the cutest when she wants to be. I still have to agree on what others say about her being evil :P

9.) Tholoth Shadowborn, just because he's cool ...or shnazzy, as I would put it. Ok, for being the studliest Celestial ever! Always thought the wings were the neatest thing too ^^

10.) Approaching Winter, of course for always making me laugh. Having my characters stripped nudey and those Empress' New Clothes tossed on always made me laugh, even when I was in sour moods

11.) The crazy DM Timothy...OMG, I never laughed so hard in my life when that guy was on. The day he sent me and Doc (the great little dark Gnome) to that Corn Elemental place was probably the greatest morning I had on Hala. I love craziness and my god, was that guy crazy. Watching the Nagritch commoners and guards fly up into the sky and never come back had me dying too ROFLMAO :D

12.) I don't care if this doesn't count to some peepies but I have to add my boyfriend on here. I wouldn't be playing Neverwinter Nights if it wasn't for him introducing me to it. I always thought "bah" when I would walk past while he was on the game but he would tell me about neat stuff like items he just baught or was given and showed me some neat spells. He also helped me in my noobie days with my rp too because I had never played a roleplaying game in my life and it was very obvious :P
Last edited by Traces Of Reality on Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=150][b]♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫[/b][/size]
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - - -●Max
http://youtu.be/Bx95X4tVCqg
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Traces Of Reality wrote: 10.) Approaching Winter, of course for always making me laugh. Having my characters stripped nudey and those Empress' New Clothes tossed on always made me laugh, even when I was in sour moods
I'm insulted... I'm the one that was doing the Loki strip the clothes deal...
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Traces Of Reality
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Traces Of Reality »

Arkon wrote:
Traces Of Reality wrote: 10.) Approaching Winter, of course for always making me laugh. Having my characters stripped nudey and those Empress' New Clothes tossed on always made me laugh, even when I was in sour moods
I'm insulted... I'm the one that was doing the Loki strip the clothes deal...
LOL somehow I knew I was forgetting to add something and a few others... can't blame me though, I'm quite a foregetfull person :wink: . Guess I can blame you for starting that fad with taking clothes off :P

12.) Arkon, for always taking my clothes off...RAWR! :wink: . Actually, gotta say he's prolly one of the most patient folks I know of. I would've tracked down alot of people and clobbered them for being a pain in the butt by now, but he's always calm about everything (actually... it's the calm ones you need to fear ;) )

13.) Squee for being as nutty as I am and for encouraging me to be even more in tells. I don't think I can make anyone else laugh and almost die :P.

14.) Lir... for being another silly though tells. Also for being a nicey and for being another I can easily get along with :)
[size=150][b]♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫[/b][/size]
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - - -●Max
http://youtu.be/Bx95X4tVCqg
teagirl03
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by teagirl03 »

I'm not going to name a top ten.. cuz i think everyone is great, and i can't pick just 10. So I'm just goign to say, I love everyone on Hala. Except for Drae. he's no fun. *snicker* :lol:
I thought we were having stove top? I want none of this soul toast!