Crafting Information

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

silverdragonams
Head DM

Crafting Information

Post by silverdragonams »

First and foremost, crafting isn't done yet. Consider it to be in a "beta" stage. So don't panic if you start on a skill to find only a few recipes available. Some skills are more complete than others. Alchemy and cooking are 95% done. There's plenty to do with blacksmithing, tailoring, and tanning. The other skills need some work, but its well worth your time to get started in them.

Before you can begin crafting you will have to fins a "master" of the skill you want to learn. These masters are scattered all over the servers (because we want you to explore:D) Right now you have to pay them for their time, but I hope to turn them into a "fetch me some of this ingredient and I'll teach you" quests soon.

You will find it very difficult to do much crafting on your own....well...you can, but it will take a lot of time and you will have to learn a lot of different skills. And that's fine if that's how you like to craft. I made the recipes to encourage RP as much as possible. So, blacksmiths will need ingredients from tanners, Fletcher's will need woodworkers, most everyone will need alchemists etc. I would STRONGLY suggest forming a crafting guild. Not for keeping recipes a secret, but for sharing ingredients. If you guys don't want to get together and have a wholly PC based guild, I will be happy to start one with an NPC guild leader hosted in the Bastion Crafting Hall.

You will find some very expensive items being sold on merchants: Cooking kits, sewing kits etc. These act like portable crafting place ables. The intention here is to allow you to craft and role play. For example, you can sit at around the fire and chat while you tailor. If you are caught using these items to camp resources (no sewing in cotton fields people!) or in places where its just dumb to use them (no cooking in the mino caves, you will attract more monsters) expect to get DP'd and looted. If we find people abusing these items they will be removed from the server entirely.

These kits are about the same price as a crafting placeable...but I THINK there may be a chance that they will break. I'm not sure about that though...heh.

As I said before, this isn't nearly done yet. What can you expect?

One more skill will be added on completion of a current plot.

Lots and lots more recipes including the ability to enchant crafted items. Right now all of the items with properties should be considered "alchemical" rather than truly magical for RP purposes.

Adjustments to the rate you gain experience and the levels at which you can make items. This is something I can't do without feedback from you :D

Oh...and 1.67 update will bring some new possibilities, such as the ability to put your unique mark on the items you make.

So.... in conclusion...please give the new system a try and post feedback. The more people who try it, the faster bugs will be found and fixed and the sooner the system can be completed.

Thanks!
silverdragonams
Head DM

A bit more information about the system itself:

Items in red on the menu are difficult. Items in blue are moderate, and green items are easy (or green may be moderate and blue may be easy, I dont remember atm). The harder the item is to make, the more likely you are to get an xp point if you are successfull, but you are also more likely to fail.

You will slowly gain crafting xp 1 point at a time. The skills are scaled at 1-1000 xp or 1-500xp depending on how many recipes will be available for that skill. Once you've reached 1000 (or 500) you have masterd the skill. Every time you gain so much crafting xp you will get a small "cookie" of regular xp.

When you fail to make an item, you have a chance of losing the ingredients. Some things you will always lose (like plant ingredients) and some things will always remain (like bottles).

There is one neat feature that blacksmiths will love. I wont say anything more. Find it on your own!

Feel free to post your questions if you are confused about anything.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
silverdragonams
Head DM

New Animal spawns have had their AI adjusted. MOST of them will no longer attack on sight even though they are hostile.

So the old "Crazy Animal" excuse wont work for you good aligned druids anymore :wink:
Characters:

silverdragonams
Head DM

Odin Hammersong wrote:I set up a Cooking Kit, and attempted to make Pure Grain Alcohol. I got two TMI errors, told me **UNSUCCESSFUL**, and it removed 3 Wheats from my inventory.
We've discoverd that this is caused by the script cycling through your whole inventory looking for the correct ingredients. I will look into a permenant fix but for now try to keep your inventory as empty as possible while you are crafting. It might also help if you put all of your crafting ingredients on the first page.
Characters: