Beetle Juice Rip-off.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Zeddikhus
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Beetle Juice Rip-off.

Post by Zeddikhus »

Not sure if this is a bug or not...

The little dude in the beetle farm office made an offer of 25 gp per bottle returned. I killed bugs and got 4. And was paid 40 gp, not 100.

Bug or not...Danmar was told 25 gp per bottle...he damn well wants 25 gp per bottle. Man has potions to buy! :D
Character is what you are in the dark.
-Dwight L. Moody

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.
-Albert Einstein
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

SHHH!!! It's 40 gold per bottle! Don't ruin it for the rest of us :evil:

Seriously, though. Each time you talk to him, you only turn in one bottle. You have to run the conversation once for each bottle you turn in. The script isn't smart enough to tally your inventory and figure out how many bottles you have.

Most of the "Find me X and I'll give you Y" quests work this way.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

void main()
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
object oItemToTake = GetFirstItemInInventory(oPC);
int JuiceRedeemed = 0;

// Count how many juices are in the PC's inventory, and nuke them!
while(GetIsObjectValid(oItemToTake))
{
if(GetTag(oItemToTake) == "x")
{
DestroyObject(oItemToTake);
JuiceRedeemed++;
}
oItemToTake = GetNextItemInInventory(oPC);
}

GiveGoldToCreature(oPC, x * JuiceRedeemed);
GiveXPToCreature(oPC, x * JuiceRedeemed);
}
Now, I'm not sure how you have the beetle farm quest set up, as I've never done it, but if it's just a turn in items quest with a static reward, this should do the trick.

This script would check for all items in a PC's inventory of the specific tag, count the number of them and set that as an intiger, destroy all the items, and reward an amount of gold and experience multiplied by the intiger.

At this line: "if(GetTag(oItemToTake) == "x")", replace the "x" with the tag of the beetle juice item.
At this line: GiveGoldToCreature(oPC, x * JuiceRedeemed); set the "x" to whatever amount of gold you want paid per juice.
At this line: GiveXPToCreature(oPC, x * JuiceRedeemed); set the "x" amount to whatever experience reward the quest may give. If there is none, just remove that bit.

Hope this helps, or that you can adapt it to exactly what you need. ;)
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Heh, always have to have the solution for everything, dontcha? :)
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Beetle quest works fine and as intended. There are two caps - one that reduces the amounts you get, and one that stops you from doing it anymore.
Zeddikhus
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Zeddikhus »

NWDuneAuron wrote:Beetle quest works fine and as intended. There are two caps - one that reduces the amounts you get, and one that stops you from doing it anymore.
Ah...thanks!
Character is what you are in the dark.
-Dwight L. Moody

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.
-Albert Einstein