Features list on 1.67 update.

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Features list on 1.67 update.

Post by Gregpooh »

While waiting for 1.67 to download, I did a little reading through the new scripting posibilities. There are a lot of thing in there with the potential to make things a whole lot more interresting in a PW setting *joy*

A couple that really got my attention. I quote from Bioware:

You can no longer be quite so sure that areas you once thought were safe to travel in, or chests that were safe to open, remain that way when you later return, or when you play though the module a second time. And just because you bring your epic rogue through next time does not mean the traps will be any easier to deal with as they may have grown in power with your character.
This definitely has possibilities. No more waiting for module to reload to reset the chests. (though I pitty the poor low level thief who comes in after a high level char spawns the trap)

You might suddenly find your-self sprouting wings, growing a tail, losing an arm, gaining new tattoos, or your portrait mysteriously changing. (These effects could be intentional, as well, as you attempt to disguise yourself.)
That "Hooded Stranger" you encountered can be more affectionately referred to as "Blisstex Furry Knuckles" after you uncover his true identity.

Oh the endless, endless, possibilities. Dynamic characteristic and name changing! Oh, how those evil folk have longed for this day! :lol:

The blacksmith that does some crafting work on your weapon can now also personalize it just for you. Instead of looking at that drab +1 dagger in your inventory, which lacks any type of sentimental value, it can now become "Priestly's +1 Butter Knife of Doom Spreading." A truly unique and highly prized item that no true sandwich eating adventurer could do without.
I think Silver already mentioned this one, but the idea of having swords marked with a 'Ironhand Armory' tag makes my little PC heart go all aflutter.

You could encounter a house in a module with a sign outside listing it "For Sale." After purchasing the house with your hard-won loot, the sign outside your new home can now update immediately to read "Bob's House: Trespassers will be slain" while at the same time you acquire the key, aptly named "Key to Bob's house." Previously, these types of changes weren't possible unless the module builder shut down the module and added the new resources to the module. Now you can do all this while the module is still running.
Joy! Rapture! Nuff said.

Now, who knows if or when any of this will filter down into Hala, but just knowing the possibilities are there is pretty exciting. Silver, you poor, overworked scripting fool... what have you let yourself in for. :wink:
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Cat
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Cat »

heh, i am pretty sure that on nwvault are already some scripts using it, especialy DM wands :)
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

It would be interresting to have a hood that changed your picture to a generic one and changed your name to "hooded stranger" 8)

**Imagines the hoard of Hooded strangers that would decend on Hala**

Of, course, then we would be able to keep the regular hoods in and say that they dont have a mask in them and don't obscure a person's face.

The really neat trick would be to link the disguise to a skill, and have people's spot checks determine if the disguise holds or not. I imagine that would be a whole lot more work though.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

I'm pretty sure we'd need a new wand to use SetName and SetDescription IG. The room key example they give would be something for a scripted housing system. The trap thing is (very small) part of the fully random dungeon system used in Infinate Dungeons. When they add the Infinate Dungeons code in 1.68, don't expect us to be using any of it - can you say MEGALAG?

That said, nearly all of the updates to the DM client eliminate the need for one or more functions on our wands, which is nice. Also.. SEA DEVILS.
Spiffles
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Spiffles »

i ahd read somewhere that the cep tridents where conflicting in some way with the tiredents in this latest patch.. not sure what exactly conflicted with them.. Also read with the bioware triedent you can cast spells on them (like flame weapon) which i dont beleive you can with the cep ones (unless they hcanged that lately)

anyway, just thought i would mention that..
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Spiffles wrote:i ahd read somewhere that the cep tridents where conflicting in some way with the tiredents in this latest patch.. not sure what exactly conflicted with them.. Also read with the bioware triedent you can cast spells on them (like flame weapon) which i dont beleive you can with the cep ones (unless they hcanged that lately)

anyway, just thought i would mention that..
Spells work on the CEP weapons on all CoPaP worlds using even a very old build of the spellhook code, thanks to the genius of kombinat.