Animal companion: Permanent cummulative con reduction of -1

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Animal companion: Permanent cummulative con reduction of -1

Post by Starslayer_D »

Seems each time your animal companion died (be it you died and couldn't heal it, be it monters kept you seperate too long), and you aquired a new one (as resurection doesn't work on hala), your new compainion gets a con reduction of -1 * # of dead compainions assigned.
Means, now after having lost a companion for the forth time, my new one has a -4 con.
Only way to fix it is to have him enter bleeding script, so far.
I think the con penalty was put into the companion script on avlis, as there you can go to a druidic stone and get your original dead companion restored.

On Hala, I've not yet sen a possibility to resurect a dead companion.

Thus, need to tame a new one to replace a fallen one.
But that then has the cummulative con penalty.

*grin* i wonder what hapens once it reaches penalty > companion basic con. Keel over dead on summoning?
Days Awake
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Days Awake »

I think that was arkons baby,and prolly nothing will get done till he returns fulltime.May I suguest when your companian dies a next time,you go into the radial and choose the default one the gods gave you(one you picked in lvling) and then go through the ropes in getting another one in game again?...just a thought as that may not incure the cons penalty.
Sex is like a box of chocolates, sometimes your fingers get sticky! >=) -

Jskee:Jeezus, you're cuddly as a porcupine sometimes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBc9iwPN50&feature=related
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

I'm not certain as to the specifics of the Hala version of this, as Days said, this was Arkon's project, but I believe it runs at least most of the Avlis stuff if not all. As for companions dieing, I don't have an answer for that, I don't know if there is a druidic stone or something else that is needed, nor do I know if there is or isn't one IG somewhere. As for the Con penalty, there is, or should be ways to remove that. Just think of what you would do, if you had a con decrease. Anyways, hopefully Arkon can come in and give a bit more on this.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

The druidic stone is in the pallette I just haven't had the opportunity to put it in, and frankly, it slipped my mind with everything else that's going on. I already know where it will go.. I just need to put it in.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

*cheers*

And Days, regressing to default companion takes away all training Xp you accumulated. :( and even lvl 2 is a lot of time invested :)
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Uhmm.. any updates on the repairing stones? Or can we simply remove the con reducing part of the script?

Each time I die with a companion, it dies as well.. I'm at -6 con by now for my companions.. not even worth summoning them anymore for adventuring, they keel over so easely. :(
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

*another cry for help*
Due to some auro of ownnage my companion died.. once again before I could even dismiss her. Now her con is at -7. Can we please get a resurection stone, or at least a removal of the -con at death value.
Having an animal companion with permanent incredible negative con simply takes something out of it.

Or am Ithe only char on Hala wich uses the companion system at all?
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

There is one in the druids grove in white wood. Not sure if it works or not though.
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Sorry, spend the last weekend looking, but none to be found, neitehr near rangers shop, at the temple in the woods, nor any other area in whitewood, (market unacessible) except spiral insieds.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

There is no actual item that you click on or use. It's an area

The area is the large rock to the left of the door to Essence of the Wood if you are facing the door. That rock is where the "life stone" is located. anything within 5 meters of this item is the "resurrection zone"
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

ohhhh *goes to test*
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

The large flat rock? So.. summoning dead companion does produce the usual effects there.. it simply fades away.. no change.
also tried at the cliff, at the two menhirs on the cliff, and the rock at the doorjamb of theessence.
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Ok... i give up.. is there some more action to do besides summoning? is there a dialogue opening somewhere? Is there anything I have to do ..?

I know.. FOIG.. but I honestly and seriously are ready to trash hours spend ingame over months training my companion and reverting back to standard companion...
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

I'll look into it.
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

I've gotten a helpfull mial, and will try using the pointers given there. STand by for more reporting if it's a bug, else, solved.

Whew..
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Ok, rangers don't geta druidic branch of companionship. The menue option produces a rangers pointer.
Using that one on the called ghostly companion standing at the lifestone doesn't work, either.