A worrying bug

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

A worrying bug

Post by albonia »

I saw this on the forums
Last night on Ysgard (8th), ................ were crafting in the Bastion Crafting Hall.

Due to the TMI faults with crafting and large inventories, both had bags on the ground. Just about all of ....... inventory disappeared and ...... lost several bags as well.
Can sombody clear up how this happened did the server reset and the items were lost. Or is it some nasty bug that can strip items in your inventory. As sombody who has crafting characters who often carry large amounts of ingredients is it somthing we need to be worried about.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

It's a bug that darkserra and I have been trying to figure out and trying to fix for a while now. Crafting only is able to handle so many items before it starts having issues, the TMI errors to be exact. The threshold of items allowed that I know of is around 200-250 items. On avlis this is very similar, the crafting aperatuses there can only handle around that before it starts giving you problems. With our system using directly from your inventory instead of being loaded onto the table it is looking through all items that you have. Which often times can easily go over 200-250.

To get around this problem we have been trying placing extra bags on the ground while crafting, the errors don't show up and everything goes great, but a few times we have had bags disappear, for no apparent reason, these are only bags that are placed on the ground during this time. I think that the use of pack animals helps to aliviate this problem as the animals can hold the extra stuff while crafting. We are still looking to find the exact reason as to why the bags are disappearing and how to make the crafting only look at so many items.
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

As for using the bears i can only say, that it works great,....i have many times loaded my bags on to the bear and then tranfered the items i wanted back to my inventory..WHILE i had the bears inventory opened...and all my styff stayed there and no tni errors so..instead of putting the bags on the ground USE the bear as an extra inventory. I know they cost a bit of gold..but that is easy made when you craft your items....:)

Asbendale
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Soooo, is it right for me to be scared to craft now? :/
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

The pack animal seems to be easiest fix for right now.

Good news is that pack animals are now available on Ysgard.

Given the limitations of the NWN engine, I do not think we are going to be able to get around the TMI errors if you have a lot of items in inventory.

So, rent a bear/beetle/ox/penguin/badger and craft away!!!!

DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell