1.68 Update problems.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

1.68 Update problems.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Use this thread to report any issues. If you think it is an exploit report it to me via PM.
Try to give as much information as possible. What server, things of that nature.

And just to get this out of the way now.

Known Issues:

NPC's showing up with 2 cloaks, the CEP and Bioware cloaks.
Cloaks can't seem to be dyed. Fixed
Ysgard: NPC's are headless. Fixed
Some spells don't work.- If it is a spell you have for a long time and it has just now quit working, please report it. Fixed
Whirlwind feat not working properly Bioware issue
Last edited by LadyPhoenix77 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkserra
Craftmaster

Persistent chest problem

Post by darkserra »

Manny's chest is having a problem with items sticking in the chest and refusing to come out.

The shadow ore that I placed in the chest is "stuck" and will not come out. Bundled items are working fine at this time.

DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

As for the cloak bit,I hate it too but at this point looks like CEP is going to be disabling the cloaks from armor with the next update so we will just have to wait and see what they do with it,either eliminating theirs alltogether which will prolly be the case or perhaps find a way to alter the actual cloak aperance Bioware uses.
LadyPhoenix77
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

CEP cloaks can be removed with the tailoring models, so you can do that currently. We made be adding a patch which would make the cloaks disappear automatically anyhow, but I have not heard full word on this yet.

Bioware cloaks, any that are sold in merchants, or on players etc are most likely all the wrong models for the actual item, this was something I found out later on. We can replace these on players if asked, but please be patient and give us time as well. Just politely ask if a DM is around in the DM channel. I do not want 100 forum posts or PM's, or people coming to IRC nagging to do this. If we are on the server we will try to do this, but sometimes we may be busy or not see everyone who comes in so just nicely ask in the DM channel is all.

Cloaks are supposed to be dyeable as well, but currently that is not working but I am working on getting this fixed as well. Some of these issues will take time and I am trying to take care of as many as possible, but it depeds on several things.

Also with bioware cloaks, I am working for a way to make them customizable through the tailoring dummies or other ways as well, so we may be able to give you more options as well.

Anything else regarding cloaks, there is little I can do about. Yes, I know of virtually every issue that there is with cloaks, yes I know they hide wings, yes I know that they don't look right with every possible armor combination, robes or anything else. Any of these issue's I do not want to hear about anymore. I'm not trying to sound like someone who doesn't care, but a number of the issues that I see people bringing up regarding cloaks are out of anyones hands other than biowares really. And no I am not necessarily refering to anyone here, I've seen the complaints widely amongst avlis on the forums and their IRC channel, I've seen it on a number of NWN boards and on the bioware boards as well.

One more note about the bioware cloaks, if they seem stiff, don't flow, are having clipping issues. Try removing your combat animations override or other overrides. There are issues with these causing the bioware cloaks to seem stiff like cardboard, like the old cloaks that were available through the old bioware crafting. The new bioware cloaks do flow nicely, they fold under when sitting in a chair, and lay out when you sit on the ground, they more while you walk or run, so if you are not seing this, than you have the combat animations override, or another override which affects parts of the movement of bodies which in turn the animations of the cloaks.
LadyPhoenix77

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Okay, I should have a majority of the major issues fixed, though not everything has been tested 100%. Post here if there are any continuing iissues, or any other issues arise.
Blaatmeister
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Blaatmeister »

The "Cloth, Black" dye gave my clothes and cloak a bright shade of green, instead of black.
[Random supposedly funny line of text that causes your intestines to implode.]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TapijtGeit/?chartstyle=basicrt10][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/3/TapijtGeit.gif[/img][/url]
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Re: 1.68 Update problems.

Post by Xanthalas »

LadyPhoenix77 wrote: Some spells don't work.- If it is a spell you have for a long time and it has just now quit working, please report it. Fixed
The Summon Monster I - IX are no longer working.

EDIT - Also found this, if it's of any use.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Pr ... ail&id=887
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Has there been an update to the Hala/Copap files since the 168 update? I'm getting an error when I try to log on. It says I am missing a tlk file "copaptlk_3_6.tlk" I have copaptlk_3_5.tlk in my tlk folder, but I have not seen anything about the hala specific files being updated.

Help?
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Go to the copap or Avlis pages to get those.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The most recent tlk file listed on the Copap forums is copaptlk_3_5.tlk
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Blaatmeister

Post by Blaatmeister »

Just to add: Planar Binding and Animate Dead still work properly.
[Random supposedly funny line of text that causes your intestines to implode.]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TapijtGeit/?chartstyle=basicrt10][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/3/TapijtGeit.gif[/img][/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Thanks Imp. I got em. I eventually had to do a Google search for the file names to track down the ones I needed. Even the Copap forums were not updated with the most recent files when I looked. :roll:
darkserra
Craftmaster

Spell misfire

Post by darkserra »

Redda used the LVL 8 cleric spell Firestorm.

Spell fired with no effects and she lost the spell from her memorized spells.

Server reported the following messages:

script avlis_spellhook, OID:ffffff7a, Tag:,
ERROR: TMI

script shs_spellexec, OID:ffffff7a, Tag:,
ERROR: TMI
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
LadyPhoenix77

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Can some of our other clerics confirm this last reports of dark's? I want to see if this is an effect of spellhooking or something else, so that I can try to narrow down the problem.
Lord Droke

Post by Lord Droke »

I used the spell today with no issues.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
albonia

Post by albonia »

My Bard/RDD Isang has no new spells she just has the old bard ones. Should she have any new spells?
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

I think that's only if you level and choose them Albonia.
LadyPhoenix77

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Imp is correct, Sorc and bards will only be able to select them at level up, Wizards the same though if I get some scrolls in, Wizards will be able to add them to their spell book that way. Clerics, Druids, Rangers and Paladins should all see the new spells available for them immedeatly.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

I've tried most of the new defensive based Cleric spells and they all seemed fine.

Also used firestorm with no trouble at all.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
LadyPhoenix77

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Summon Creatures I - IX should all now work properly.
Lord Droke

Post by Lord Droke »

Noticed an issue with wall of dispell magic. When I cast it no one can rest while it is in effect. Even when we are several maps away, seems to leave us in combat. I also can read its effects no matter where I am it seems.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
LadyPhoenix77

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Lord Droke wrote:Noticed an issue with wall of dispell magic. When I cast it no one can rest while it is in effect. Even when we are several maps away, seems to leave us in combat. I also can read its effects no matter where I am it seems.
Was this on Hala, Ysgard or both servers? If it was only 1 could you please test this on the other server as well and get back to me. I will look into this.
Lord Droke

Post by Lord Droke »

Just on Hala, didnt get to try it on Ysgard.
MadK@
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by MadK@ »

LadyPhoenix77 wrote:
Lord Droke wrote:Noticed an issue with wall of dispell magic. When I cast it no one can rest while it is in effect. Even when we are several maps away, seems to leave us in combat. I also can read its effects no matter where I am it seems.
Was this on Hala, Ysgard or both servers? If it was only 1 could you please test this on the other server as well and get back to me. I will look into this.
This was happening on Avlis aswell with flooded server message
AoESpell Effect is:2196
AoESpell Effect is:0

if that helps..