LAG MONKEYS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Mephistophelina
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

LAG MONKEYS

Post by Mephistophelina »

What the heck is going on with the server tonight? This is driving me batty.
"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet." [i]-Saint Augustine [/i]

"I placed his corpse on a spike so that it may rot above the ground, and not leave a lasting stain upon it." -- Deskmerc; [i]Journey from The Silver Void[/i]

"Dune was riding me..." - Wyldstallyon (a.k.a. Wyldhunt)
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

One of the possible causes could be that all the minos drop a fluid when killed . Nobody seems to be bothering to pick them up so they just lie on the ground. That must be contributing to the lag.

Maybe have it so 1 in 5 minos or 1 in 10 drop the fluid.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Our server machien really isn't designed to cope with the loads we've been getting lately. And yes, lack of drop cleanliness never helps lag.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Is it really so hard to pick up these "liquids" and then just make a fire and throw them away? I know not everyone's a fighter loaded down with magic bags... but for the sake of lag! :'(

Chu'mawn people!
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

I picked almost all of them up!

Don't blame Dengar.
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
ExpressEngine
Minor DM

Post by ExpressEngine »

I've noticed that the mod uses placed NPCs, and lots of them. Changing this over to a waypoint spawning system which spawns the NPCs when a player enters the area and then despawns them when no players are present would go a long way to taking some of the pressure off the server.
[b]GameSpy ID[/b]: ExpressEngine [b]Characters[/b]: Elundel Evrion
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Tashajj/expresssigblur.jpg[/img]
[quote]<NWDuneAuron> congrats on singlehandedly crushing any whim I may have had to change the nagritch law.[/quote]
terror2001
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by terror2001 »

ExpressEngine wrote:I've noticed that the mod uses placed NPCs, and lots of them. Changing this over to a waypoint spawning system which spawns the NPCs when a player enters the area and then despawns them when no players are present would go a long way to taking some of the pressure off the server.
On Greyhawk we created an encounter system that does just what you described; using waypoints for encounter spawn locations. There is not a single Bioware encounter in our module and this definately helps reduce lag at run-time and dev-time. 98% of the time it worked perfectly, and the other 2% were some bugs we never really tracked down due to low occurrance of them happening. I'm not going to say it would be an easy system to implement, but I'm sure we could share it if anyone is interested.