CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

I'll chime in for a small part of this. I am looking into the prices of the tanning acids and oils, we did note that the price was high and the 10 pack was really out of line.

I do like your idea for recipies for each of those in alchemy.

And I am not sure on the only in Ysgard part, I'll leave most of that for DS, I do know that Ysgard is currently one revision behind on crafting, as I was trying to do some testing of other code on Hala when I added it's update, before I put the updates in Ysgard.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Just wanted to update the situation with items not being aquired when they are successfully made.

It has been pointed out that whenever this behavior occurs, there is an anomaly in the script message. For example, when you normally create a healing kit +1 it says: "You have successfully created a healing kit +1. would you like to try again?" When you fail, it says: "You have failed to create a Healing Kit +1. Would you like to try again?" When the buggy behavior is happening, however, the message comes up as: "You have successfully created . Would you like to try again?" or "You have failed to create . would you like to try again?"

I don't know if this will help you track down the problem or not, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Ps. Any chance on having the merchants sell the leatherworking items we need to make armor untill the mess with the leatherworking scripts gets sorted out?

Seamus, thanks for this. This type of report really helps! As for merchants selling leathergoods, that is coming soon. DS
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Ysgard..When i cure pelts in to leather they dosent show up in the inventory even trough it sayes successfull..only the runid ones is added to the inventory.

Asbendale

Asben, leathercrafting is currently inoperative. Nothing seems to work. Our short term fix is to have some merchants sell the necessary leathercrafting items that are needed for other crafting. I will put out when this is done. DS

Leathercrafting materials added to merchants. DS
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Hala, the garlic on the garlic plant placeables in Minya are unidentified...

What? You've never seen unknown garlic before? :) I will look into it. DS

Should be fixed.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Hops plant placeables and two of the grape vine placeables (on the right side) are on unreachable areas of the tile... they're set too far into the walls. These are the only ones I've been to so there may be more. Not so much a crafting problem as a building problem I guess, but I'll put it here.

Noted. I will fix it in the next update. I guess I put them too far into the buildings. :oops: DS

SHould be fixed.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

The Tanner at Nalensgard is buges...when you ask her to learn you tanning she gives you 5 skill points....but you can contine to ask her to teach you and she keeps handing skill points out :shock:

Asbendale

Thanks Asben, I will look into this and apply a fix as necessary. DS

This is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The options for making different types of arrowheads have disappeared. When chosing craft arrowheads from the menu it used to take you to a submenu where you chose the metal the arrowheads were made from. Now it simply says that "You have chosen to make arrowheads, is this correct?" or something similar and it defaults to Iron arrowheads.

This is fixed. DS
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

New Tailoring...Silk cord(alt)...well it works..but when you examin the item it sayes: A bundel of 20 arrow heads

Asbendale

Thanks Asben, I will fix this in the next update. DS

This is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

A little more feedback:

As noted above, using the tailor station or the anvil seems to break the other crafting stations so that you get no items upon success. The current workaround is to craft clubs and quarterstaves on the sawhorse. This seems to reset the scripts somehow and correct the problem. I believe I have discovered another way to work around this problem. The first time you use a crafting station after using the anvil or tailor desk, navigate all the way through the choices untill you see "you have chosen to make [item name] do you wish to continue?" If you choose "no" at this point, and then use the back command to return all the way to the first menu, you should be able to make items and have them show up in your inventory without having to go chop wood/ make clubs.

One more small item.

The leather strips weigh half a pound each. The bundle of 10 leather strips also weighs a half a pound.

Thanks for the tip Seamus. I will fix the weight of the bundle as well! DS

Weight of leather strips is fixed
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

When mining shadow ore, no ore appears in inventory or on the ground upon a sucessful mining attempt.

Also on the subject of mining: The mining pick has a x4 critical damage multiplier. Does that strike anyone else as slightly excessive?

I will look into it. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

In Fletching the skill progression moves from basic arrows to hot and cold arrows. In weaponsmithing, the progression for arrowheads goes Iron- Silver - Verdicite - Rubicitie etc.

Are there arrow options for Silver arrows in the fletching skill? It seems like a silver arrow would be a lot easier to make than a flaming or an ice arrow.

Seamus, there should be new arrows for you to make. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The Garlic Plants on Ysgard are spawning barley again. I know this was fixed on the Hala side, but now it's cropped up over on Ysgard.

Seamus, fixing the garlic will require a fix to the hak pak. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Update on the new sword crafting options:

I was able to create a sword of light with no troubles. When I try to craft a sword of balance, the following happens: 1st I get a script error message about too many instructions. 2nd, the materials for making the sword are removed from my inventory. 3rd. I get a message saying I failed to make the sword. 4th, the items for making the sword are removed from my inventory again.

In normal crafting, the items are removed from inventory before the results message when you succeed, and after the results message when you fail. Something about the sword of balance script is causing it to double dip.

Could these items not have been worked into the normal weapon crafting script so that we could have maces of light, or Bastard swords of balance, etc? or are they just one off items?

Seamus, the script is not double dipping, it works that way for these swords. And given the way the scripting works, they cannot be added into the normal progression. I will be adding more items soon. DS

I'll double check this, but I'd swear it took 2 sets of ingredients out on one try.

*edit* It is taking more ingredients than it should, at least when you fail to craft the item. Here's a screenie of what I am seeing:

Note: The script error only seems to appear when you fail at making these items. It does not seem to be related to having too much stuff in inventory either.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned. But Healing kits+1 don't appear upon a success, I've made probably 20 of them.. and got nothing.

Xan, this is a known bug. The alchemy table is cranky and usually needs to be 'primed' by getting a success on a green-colored item on that table. I usually make a set of cloth dyes and that will reset the table. Sorry, there isn't any way to fix this problem that I am aware of. DS
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
albonia

Post by albonia »

I got a strange message with the +1 healing kits it said SUCESSFULL- UNSUSESSFUL for the same attempt to make a kit. No kit appeared in my characters inventory.

Another strange thing which is not really a big but is wierd is when she tried to make grain alcohol. It is light blue for her and should be easy/very easy but when she tried she got 7 straight failures.

Albonia, were you getting a TMI error while you where crafting?
Also, light can still give you a high number of failures, if the dice are against you. DS
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Xanthalas wrote:Not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned. But Healing kits+1 don't appear upon a success, I've made probably 20 of them.. and got nothing.
Hey dude,

It's a known issue. Something gets stuck in the scritpt. You can clear it by doing the following:

1. Go to saw horse
2. Select 'other' - 'hilt mold'
3. When it says 'you have selected hilt mold do you wish to continue?' pick 'no'
4. Use the back select to go back to the original screen, then repeat steps 2 & 3, this time choosing 'yes' at the end.

Even if you have no wood in your inventory this will reset the crafting system and allow you to make other things.

Somthing about using the Anvil or the Tailor's table causes this effect, so every time you make gauze for healing kits you should do this. I've gotten into the habit of doing it every time I begin a round of Alchemy, just in case.
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

such a trick can be done anywhere. I have gotten into the habit of going all the way then selecting "no" to make something everytime i use a crafting table. I do it on the alchemy table with whatever i hit first, then it works fine after. I have never used the sawhorse to then go and work on the alchemy table.

Is it strange that one time my character failed making cotton gauze when its green?

There is always a chance at failing to make an item, regardless of your crafting skill. DS
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Gregpooh wrote:
Xanthalas wrote:Not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned. But Healing kits+1 don't appear upon a success, I've made probably 20 of them.. and got nothing.
Hey dude,
Tubular, Awesome bra' Cowabunga!

(Thanks)
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

recipes for wine and fish n chips produce too many instruction errors.

Starslayer, if you are getting a TMI, you have too items in your inventory. Try dropping/removing some stuff. It will work. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The Amethysts you get when mining are not the same as the other Amethysts found in the game. They will not stack with each other and the mined ones do not work in crafting recipes.

Seamus, you are correct, they are different items. Minable amethysts will be the only type you can use after the next update. DS

Why not make them the same item? Having 2 different Amethysts in the game is way confusing, and spawns drop a lot of them.

***UPDATE***

This recipe no longer works at all. Neither type of Amethyst is recognised now.
Seamus, after fixing my 'fat-finger' mistake on the script, it should work. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

DS,

Did you increase the difficulty on the 'excellent' longswords, or did my skill unexpectedly decrease? Just wondering.

Seamus, I haven't changed them, but they are really hard to make. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Battle Devourers in Hangate have stopped dropping lobes when killed.

Seamus, Due to complaints about the excessive number of lobes being dropped, now only certain devourers drop lobes. DS

IMHO, you've gone too far the other way. Isn't there some way to have the devourers in the mines drop lobes say 25% of the time? (something like the juicy beetles at the farm)? I am having trouble finding any lobes to use now.
Last edited by Gregpooh on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

Type of Bug -Crafting resources
Area of Bug Exploit -Fields of Ysgard, if you travel all the way east from the bridge to Hala until you are forced to turn north , in the first area north , has L shaped Hills
NPCs involved None
Chests involved None
Timestamp on when it happened about 2000 MST
Frequency of occurance. at least once

The Garlic in the North est corner gives you barley instead of garlic

this also happened in the next area north of that in the camp of ogres and orcs

This is a known bug.. the barley and garlic were mixed up during implementation of the crafting system. This will be fixed eventually. DS
Meredia
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Meredia »

If you craft an item and your inventory is full, it will drop two of the crafted items onto the ground at your feet instead of just one. It's done it with the tailoring items I've made (silk, large/small sheets of cloth) and didn't have room for.

This is a well-known bug. We don't know why it happens, and we are working to try and fix it. Since it has been announced before, it is considered a bannable offense if anyone is caught taking advantage of this bug. DS

This issue is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The Description for Shadow weapons says the following:

"Gold weapons are often imbued with negative energy"

Well crap. I'll get this fixed. Which shadow weapons was it? DS