Cannot connect to Master Server..

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ghostgurl
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Cannot connect to Master Server..

Post by ghostgurl »

Today I crashed and I rebooted and could not reconnect to the Master Server. It is not a firewall problem nor hardware here on my end I dont think.. This just happened a few minutes ago.. Please help.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

It's been doing this a lot lately. Don't worry about it and carry on as per usual.

If you're connecting through gamespy and it won't bring up all the rooms, just direct connect or use your history instead
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
ghostgurl
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by ghostgurl »

When I start NWN I click Multipalyer and I log in under Ghostgurl but it now says I cannot connect to the master server. I cannot direct connect ethier. =(
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Master Server is nothing to do with us; it's the Gamespy authentication server. Direct Connecting using some external program or the additions to a shortcut on your desktop you can make (both of which can be found with Google) will bypass it and allow you to connect.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Could you elaborate a bit more on those last suggestions, for those of us tech-inept? :oops:
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

1: Copy or make a new shortcut to nwmain.exe
2: Right click the shortcut, and select Properties
3: In the Target box add "+connect nwn.ysgard.org:5123 +password thepassword" (without the quotes)

That will launch the game and connect to Hala when used. 5124 will connect to Ysgard. Enter the actual password where 'thepassword' is.