"Bugs from Below"

This is for announcements by DMs regarding upcoming events and the like.

Moderator: Top Team

Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

"Bugs from Below"

Post by Alias Ironjade »

Due to scheduling and whatnot, the next major installment will not be at least until 28 April....

Sorry for the delay

AIJ
Last edited by Alias Ironjade on Thu May 03, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Post by Alias Ironjade »

Well,

I missed it by a day....

More next weekend...

AIJ
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Post by Alias Ironjade »

Since this has been a very fluid plot so far, expect things to pop up as we go along.

Next scheduled event will be announced depending upon various PC actions....

AIJ
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Post by Alias Ironjade »

The assault on the Drider will begin at Mirtho Rest, 12 PM EST, 1700 GMT on 26 May 07.

We will start on time, regardless.

AIJ
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Post by Alias Ironjade »

*BUMP*
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Post by Alias Ironjade »

Obviously, I need to check the World Time Charts more frequently...
The assault on the Drider will begin at Mirtho Rest, 12 PM EST, 1700 GMT on 26 May 07.

We will start on time, regardless.

START TIME IS 12 PM NOON EST... 1600 GMT (as Britain went to DST without me catching it)

AIJ
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Post by Alias Ironjade »

*pounding his head on his desk*

Okay...this time zone thing is getting out of hand.. :x

So, go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and figure out what time you need to be at Mirtho Rest at 12 Noon on the 26th... :D

AIJ
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Noon i. the East Coast USA is 16:00 GMT. That's 17:00 in England (GMT+1 due to daylight savings), and you can work it out from there.
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

"Bugs from below" Part Deaux.....

Post by Alias Ironjade »

Next installment will be on Saturday, 25 August, 2007 at 1800 EST, USA time.

If you are interested in participating, please assemble in the Farwood just east of the Great Bridge, on Ysgard.

If any of the players from the Sunday 19 August event captured the logs, please PM me.

Thanks

AIJ
Alias Ironjade
Minor DM

Goodies and XP for the Mindflayer Plot

Post by Alias Ironjade »

For those who participated in the Mindflayer plot, I will be distributing goodies and XP during the next week.

Rather than cookie as we went along, this time I decided to do it a bit differently in regards to XP and plot rewards. I noticed with the Demon plot that there were far more players jumping in at the last than participating throughout. In an effort to reward longevity (sheer stubbornness?), I changed things a bit. I also wanted to reward those that lasted through the sometimes marathon sessions.

The plot lasted a total of 33 hours of game time. Each player will receive XP based on the percentage of the total hours that they played. For every 3 hours of participation, a player will receive credit for one "session" of play time (which counts towards plot goodies).

Players received "bonus" hours of participation for good RP during the events, furthering the plot, and actions outside of the events (ie posting on the boards about the plot, PMs to the DM describing actions, etc). A further bonus was given for those that participated in 5 or more events. These bonus hours increased the XP reward and may have increased the value of any plot goodie.

My general rule is that to earn a plot goodie, a player must participate in at least 1/3 of the events. For this plot, this is measured by hours, not by separate events. Any player who accumulated 11 hours of playing time will receive a plot goodie.

Some interesting statistics for this plot:

Total hours: 33 (not counting several small precursor events)
Number of different characters that participated: 27
Number that player played at least 11 hours: 15
Average number of played hours: 15
Total hours of life sucked out of the players by this by this plot: 396
Total number of bonus hours awarded: 51 (not included in the number above)
Number of players that participated in every event: 1
Number of players that received a participation bonus: 3
Most amount of hours accumulated by a character (including bonus hours): 45
*updated* NWN Toolset Gold Piece value of all goodies awarded: 291,201

So, I will tracking you all down and giving out XP cookies and plot goodies soon.... running the plot was the easy part! :shock:

AIJ