installation help

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

pellease
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

installation help

Post by pellease »

Just had to purchase a new nwn diamond since I lost the codes for my last disc set (bought that game like 5 times already)

Now when I tried to update the game, it said that the files were incorrect. However I haven't installed any custom content. . . I'm thinking it might have to do with the haks that come with the kingmaker module, but not entirely sure.

So now that I am annoyed out of my mind with trying to get this thing to run, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how did you fix it when you did?

Also when I tried running nwn without updating the computer said that it wasn't compatible with windows vistas, please update program. any one know if it eve becomes compatible?
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

If it's corrupt it should say you need a critical rebuild, which it will give you a website link to. Copy and paste the link into your browser and get the critical rebuild. :)
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

Oh i hope it runs better on your Vista than it did on my sister-in-laws. The graphics were horrible, all the characters were metallic looking, and it was incredibly jumpy. I changed the settings in the ini file to only use one processor and that helped some, the characters were no longer metallic. But now NWN crashes all the time with a graphics error. Tried updating the video drivers and it didnt' help. Saw a video card in office depot the other day that says it's for Vista specific so I'm thinking that may help solve the problem but i doubt it, i think the problem is with Vista itself.

If you do have any problems and get it fixed let me know how ya did it please :D

Oh and if you register your cd keys with bioware, as long as you remember your login info you'll never lose them again. I've had to go in there and retrieve mine several times.
Gone
Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lir'ana »

Ok lol I own more copies of this game than I really need and have actually installed it several times recently. When you try to update it and it says their is a problem with the files it also gives you a link to get the critical rebuild as imp mentioned. You copy and paste the link into your browser and it brings you to the vault. get the critical rebuild and then you can start putting in all the custom content. I have done this probaly about 4 times in the past month lol think one of the times was on vista as well and it works fine.
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]