Sad News....

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Sad News....

Post by Lord Droke »

This morning I received a message over the internet that stated that Robert Jordan, one of the greatest fantasy authors of our time (IMO) has passed on. Mr. Jordan's best known works are the Wheel of Time series, which is perhaps the greatest fantasy based series I have ever read. R.J. had been fighting sickness for several years now. I still have not been able to enter his fan website Dragonmount.com, I am guessing they are renevating at the moment.
I just wanted to give a little homage to this great author. If anyone here has read his books, please, pick one up and read it again you know its worth it :D and if you have not read them, Do so, I am sure anyone who plays here will fall instantly in love with the world he paints for us.

The Wheel of Time spans 11 lengthy novels, the 12th and final volume was still being worked on. From what I understand, is the book is completely detailed out in his notes and such, and will be finished eventually.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills....

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Rhannon Hills. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning." - Robert Jordan, Wheel of time book 10 The Crossroads of Twilight
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Deathshard
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Deathshard »

That is sad...
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

Now that is a damn shame.

RIP Brother
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

Robert Jordan was definately a master of the fantasy genre, and one of my favorite authors. I have read the Wheel of Time series several times now over the years and they never grow old. If you haven't read them please do. The way he blends so many story lines together is astounding.

He will definately be missed.
Gone
Deathshard
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Deathshard »

One of the few books i own not forgotton realms.
Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lir'ana »

Robert Jordan has been one of my favorite Authors since I picked up "Eye of the World" (first wheel of time book) over 11 years ago in high school, Since then I have reread the series over 5 times. He will be greatly missed by all of his fans.
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]