Re: Sunday = Arkon's Day

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

*notices he's not on the do not invite list and invites self to wedding*

I have to admit it was clearer to me that the event was mainly a Celestial one by the Celestial Order information I had, not the stuff on the rest of the forums. I can see how it would be a little unclear otherwise. Hopefully the discussions above have made things a little more clear.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Lets not overlook something.

It's all together beneficial to become involved before an event takes plane and not just show up H-hour -5 minutes.

Players should (or could) contribute on the IC forums regarding plots. Star discussions, debates anything really.

Players could also take some time and be around a few days prior and interact ICly. Start some diologue, make some plans, find ways to make as many people involved as possible.

One of the most boring things I see is - a Dm organizing an event, players showing up, one player taking charge and thats it. Everyone follows this player like a flock of sheep. "Dont get a head!" can be heard constantly.

Where is the fun in that? It almost borders towing IMO.

The Celestial order started trying to share responsibility.
You will see this in any event that we are on. Jobs are handed out. Front security, rear security, leader, 2nd in command, healer, primary wizard etc.. The idea is to get more people interacting. Being the leader in an event doesn't always have to mean being ahead of everyone else killing everything that gets in your way making all the decisions. How we try to play is that a leader coorddinates.

Sometimes a player or a few players will constantly try and take charge. It's understandable if someone is a take charge kind of PC but OOCly it's not that much fun or fair to everyone else. The same guy, always in command,always making the decisions.

In events coordinted by us we will try and spread it out among our own members and non-guild members. I really suggest other people do this as well. THis gives low level characters their time in the spot light because honestly, by the time you've reached level 30 or 40 you've had your fair share of times in the spotlight. We recognize this and while Sara for example may head up the Bahamut quest (as her player is the most logical one) 9 times out of 10 on an event WHILE "in charge" of the guild she will delegate responsibilities. It's a way for everyone to get a piece of the pie.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
daemona
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by daemona »

I could not agree more that the two worlds mesh so well. Several of the Hala players and DMs have created alts on Arkaz that they play frequently. The richness of the quality RP that come from Hala keeps enhancing Arkaz and I thank you all for both your alts on Arkaz and all others frequent visits.

The event was great this past weekend was fantastic and I truthfully felt a bit of guilt for attending. But Arkon rolled with the unexpected so well and gave my little chromatic dragon girl something I will OOCly and she ICly remember fondly for years to come.

The recent Arkaz festival had characters attend and perform from both Hala and Avlis and everyone had a good time. I think we had the first inter-world blind date set up by the Arkaz Dating Game. *points to Lexy and Rali*

To all that were there I wished to express my sincere gratitude.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Ok look.. I'm putting an end to this conversation as it is leading to hurt feelings and people taking stances that need not be taken.

As with ALL of my plots in the past and probably ALL of my plots in the future.

If a person is involved in something I do to start a plot (be it a training session or whatever) regardless of who is in control at the time... (in this instance I picked the CO training event because i knew it would only be good aligned characters), then ALL who were there are invited by me to be involved in the plot in some form or another.

Did I give primary control of the invitations over to the CO? Yes.. and no... I gave that control to Sarakin as the only resident Bahamut worshiper. Does that mean I won't bring others into it somehow? No it doesn't.

Everyone who was involved in the event this past Sunday is also authorized by me to be involved in any other events involving this plot.

OOC actions with the intent to push people out of the event WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ICly if your character or guild doesn't get along with the person, then ICly you can do what you want to. Everyone knows I'll work with it and expect it.

Everyone who was involved in the plot last Sunday was brought into it either by me, or by invitation from the CO. I informed the CO leadership that I was authorizing those who showed up. No player has the right or ability to tell someone else they cannot be in one of my events. Only I reserve that right. A guild focused event has control over those who are invited only in so much as those I do not choose to personally include. Period. The CO knows this and follows this rule very well. So if they didn't invite you and you didn't receive an invite from me.. then it was either A) You weren't invited.. or B) it was an oversite. If you feel it was an oversite.. as I said before... PM me and if I agree I'll find a way to include you.

If you'd like to get involved through some form or another.. PM me and if I agree, then I"ll find a way to get you involved.

NONE of my plots are ever specifically geared towards good/evil/law/choas. I make allowances for all Alignments, All races, All whateverelseyoucanthinkof. If you are evil and want to get involved in a plot that has primarily good people involved... let me know what you'd like to do in it and i'll see what i can pull off.

Now then... since that is cleared up... GAME ON AND STOP WHINING AND BICKERING! :D
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Just to add one more thing to what Arkon said, we are considering a way to get more people directly involved by forming a new group with a their own responsibility. This new group will likely be open to everyone (that isn't a well known villain, obviously).

Expect IC info in a few hours, as soon as I have a chance to talk to a couple people (don't want to drop a bomb on any one's head :wink: )
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com