Spell Hooking and Militant Level Question

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Breach_in_Protocol
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Spell Hooking and Militant Level Question

Post by Breach_in_Protocol »

I understand that a number of spells have been altered in duration as well as some of their effects by means of spell hooking. Having looked around a bit on the forums I have been unable to locate information about what specific changes have been made.

I did stumble across the information that many of Avlis's changes have been brought over directly and was able to find the spell changes on their wiki. My question would be has it been brought over entirely or are there exceptions were changes were made specific to Hala? If so is there someplace I can locate a list of spells that don't conform to Avlis's alterations? Finally, I am curious if the militant level bonuses are in effect or not?

Thanks to any who can point me in the right direction,
BiP
Durkon: "Praise ta Thor, whose hammer smooshes tha evil o' tha world." OOTS - Strip 305

Haley: "As current leader of the Order of the Stick, it is my solemn duty to call for the execution of our oldest, most reliable strategy. RUN!!" OOTS - Strip 455
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Militant System: No, Not in place, never will be in place.

Spell Changes: 99% of all spell changes are the same as Avlis'. Very few things have been changed from the current way Avlis has them unless we have felt them to be unbalanced. There is no post about what has been changed for the simple fact that.. as proved to be the case with Psions.. what people do not see written, does not bother them.

So long as the Psion changes were in, but not posted about.. no one complained or had a problem with them.. as soon as they were posted, it started an entire rant thread over them. Not worth the trouble.

The only real Spell changes Hala has made have either converted and Avlis' changed spell back to the bioware version, or made them more Ysgardian.. (IE Word of Faith, when we get the code working correctly, will affect people who are not tagged as Ysgardian by our system) Things of that nature.
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

Militant bonus's are not in. nor is spell sharing for familiars. For the most part the spell hooking is the same as Avlis's aside from a few spells like Gate and other summons which are Hala specific.
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

err ya...what he said :)
Breach_in_Protocol
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Breach_in_Protocol »

Thanks for the prompt reply from both of you, most appreciated. Quite understandable about not posting them all, better to just let them be what they are.

I was playing on Avlis briefly when the first changes were made to darkfire and such. I've never seen a group of adults behave more like spoiled children in my life on the forums over there at that time. Yeah, not pretty.
Durkon: "Praise ta Thor, whose hammer smooshes tha evil o' tha world." OOTS - Strip 305

Haley: "As current leader of the Order of the Stick, it is my solemn duty to call for the execution of our oldest, most reliable strategy. RUN!!" OOTS - Strip 455