Spells stuck on Malik DeVorga

Post by Zombie »

Type of Bug/Exploit: spells dont expire
Area of Bug Exploit:
NPCs involved: none
Chests involved:
Timestamp on when it happened:
Frequency of occurance: all the time

Currently keen is stuck on maliks sword. I have cast it a few times but it wont come off. Also I think a bulls str is stuck on him also as my STR is blue but none of my items give a str bonus.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

I've found the spells on weapons drop if you portal offworld when they're stuck like that.

Not sure with the stat boost, but you could try either portalling between Hala and Ysgard or put a shout out for a DM to see if DM Heal solves the problem (afraid i'm at work for another 7-8 hours yet so can't jump on)
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Moving servers hasnt helped. I will check the DM chat next time i log in with him.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Daecon
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Daecon »

The other thing that sometimes helps is having the same spell cast on the weapon again (in this case: keen) as in the spell hooking it should remove any previous instances of that spell on the blade before adding the new instance. That doesn't always work either, though.
Coco1
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Coco1 »

I have had the same problems with one of my characters. I had been casting a shard that gives electricity damage on a server outside Hala/Ysgard, but as i couldnt rest before portalling back again, i just went through to Hala/Ysgard. When i came back, i noticed there was still visuel effect on my sword from the shard, even though i had been resting. The enchantment was gone, but the visuel was still on it. Then i casted darkfire on it, but no point - the visuel effect was still on from the shard.

One day i went back to the server outside Hala/Ysgard, and before portalling back again, i rested. It helped and the visuel was gone, when i came back to Hala/Ysgard.

That may work too.

Dala