CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

Lately I have been doing some Artifacing/scroll crafting. I have found a few various places that sell paper around Ysgard/Hala but not many. I have found it is more profitable to buy cheaper paper types off plane. Is there anyway some various paper types could be added to some of the merchants that sell scrolls. At the moment all I have found is Bastion and Tel, Tel's paper will only hold 0 lvl spells and to scribe anything over a 3rd lvl spell I have had to settle for linen which is extremely pricey for 3rd lvl scrolls. I know a lot of people have not been into this sort of crafting, but paper availabily and know how could prove factors for that. Lately I have been just buying paper in Hades and bringing it over to scribe, its the cheapest route I have found so far. Considering it takes 1000xp in artifacing to lvl almost 1300 gp for one peice of paper is much (The linen is priced write, there just needs to be other varieties of paper to make the lower lvl scroll worth making with out a substantial money loss.)

Oh yeah and thanks for the quick response to my leather working post DS. I have been holding off on leather working and just make cured hides for now that way when it is fixed I will have some points :D
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

Two of the wood crafting recipes are doing weird things the sliver banded clubs and the gold banded clubs. If i try to make either straight off with the right ingredients i get the missing ingredients message.

If i then had to choose to make a quarterstaff then refuse and then go back to the clubs the recipe with the same ingredients works fine.

Confusing if its your first attempt to make them you will just assume you have the wrong ingredients.

This has happened on both Hala and Yasguard

Update
I could not get the iron banded quartersfaff to work tried the workaround used before still nothing. I think the ingredients used are correct.

This is an old problem associated with the crafting system. Making an easy item usually resets the system. Hopefully the TMI fix will stop this from happening. Please let us know if it doesn't.
I will look at the recipe for the iron quarterstaves.
DS
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Lir'ana

Post by Lir'ana »

Just slight problem with woodworking thought I would mention it incase anyone else is doing it. lately been having a problem making banded clubs and quarterstaves. Seems to say I don't have the proper materials but if I back up and go to make a easy item like weapon handle, say no go back to the clubs and quarterstaves it lets me make them.

This is an old problem associated with the crafting system. Making an easy item usually resets the system. Hopefully the TMI fix will stop this from happening. Please let us know if it doesn't. DS
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]
Deathshard
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Deathshard »

I just started gem cutting and when i cut machelite the gem merchants and all others say i have stolen goods. I've heard of others having the same problem. I was thinking that it was cause it is the lowest gem to cut that it probably wasn't worth anything anyway and i was told to just get past it. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Working as intended.
albonia

Post by albonia »

I have been trying gem crafting and there is a problem. When i try to cut the Amythysist gems i find (not mine) the following thing happens.

I get a message successful /unsuccessful but all that appears in my characters inventory are the broken gems i get nothing for a sucessful attempt.

I have tried reseting the crafting system by trying to make a quarterstaff but that makes no difference.

Albonia, try making a malachite if this happens. Sometimes making a malachite resets things. Also, when was the last time you tried to cut an amythest? If the server is up for a long period of time without a reset, the gemcutting gets unstable. Let me know if this continues to be a problem. DS
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Is there any way to find out whether or not a crafting recipe is bugged? I've been trying to advance in cooking and brewing, especially brewing, and I have tried a lot of stuff and am getting nowhere. I don't know whether it's because the recipes are bugged or because I just haven't tried the right combination of stuff; if the latter I'll keep trying, but if the former I don't want to waste time and effort. Please advise? Thanks!

The main way to tell if a recipe is bugged is if you get strange results, ie if it gives you a "success" but no item appears in your inventory. If you have a particular recipe that you have tried with no positive results, le me know and I will try it. There are hundreds of recipes and I have not been able to test every one. DS
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

The rice plants on Minya island once picked, respawn wheat instead of rice again.

This is weird. I will check it out.

Fixed on next mod load. DS
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

The recipe for Cold Bolts seems to be broken; at least, they're not made in a way that the recipes for Cold Arrows and Cold Darts would lead one to expect.

I will check the recipe.

Fixed on next mod load. DS
AmusedApathy

Post by AmusedApathy »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.... but... the other day, I was making wheat germ oil.... on a failed attempt, I lost 1, 1 and 5... today making the same thing on a failed attempt, I'm losing 5, 5, and 5....

I'm not sure if this is because my skill went up a little, or if its a bug.

AA

Strange...I will check the recipe. It could have been the crafting system being weird again. DS

if it helps at all....on a successful attempt, it takes the correct # of items 1, 1 & 5 - AA

I checked the recipe and it is correct. Let me know if this continues. DS
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Yep crafting system is being weird again, at least the alchemy table; I just tried willow extract, and it seemed to work normally on a success; but on a failure it would take bunches of stuff, including several flasks per attempt, which I seem to recall are usually taken only on a success.

Edit: same bug also affecting tailoring and cooking, at least.

blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

I second Akai's report, i just tried to make 'hookie cookies' and on a fail it took all supplies i had on some of the things (like 7 of 2-3 items)

Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

As of 12/26 AM restart, bug continues.

Thanks. I think this problem may be linked to efforts to fix the TMI errors. We are working on it. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

blue wolfy wrote:I second Akai's report, i just tried to make 'hookie cookies' and on a fail it took all supplies i had on some of the things (like 7 of 2-3 items)

This bug seems to be general, and not specific to any one recipe. I had the same thing happen when making Grain Alchohol yesterday. Has anyone seen this affect anything but Cooking and Alchemy?
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Yes, tailoring also.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The recipe for Corrosive Arrows is incorrect. They use the wrong type of arrowheads.

Request: Can we please get Shadow/Balance/Light Battle Axes and Bastard Swords added to weaponcrafting? I get a lot of requests for these. Thank you.

Fixed. DS
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Wine recipe fixed. DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

when you craft item you get SUCCESS and ingredients removed but you dont get outcome item. Happened with gemcutting and woodworking now.

This is a well-known problem with the crafting system due to the way scripts and variables are handled by the game engine. You will have just have to watch for the system not producing items. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse will fix it. DS
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
symlink
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by symlink »

This just happened to me with healing kits as well. Made 7 successful attempts, and got nothing :(...

I went back to the table some time later, and the problem persisted. However: when I switched to wheat germ oil, it seemed to restore it to normal functioning (much like the hilt mold example I'm sure). So this must apply to all forms of crafting?

BPanther wrote:when you craft item you get SUCCESS and ingredients removed but you dont get outcome item. Happened with gemcutting and woodworking now.

This is a well-known problem with the crafting system due to the way scripts and variables are handled by the game engine. You will have just have to watch for the system not producing items. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse will fix it. DS
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Watch for your results message: When this bug is in effect, the results message will say "You have succeeded [or failed] in making ." (A blank instead of the actual item name.) When this happens, stop crafting this item, choose another item (or the same one) from the menu, but when it asks you if this is the item you wish to craft, say NO; then choose the item you do wish to craft and see if it is working now.
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

On Ysgard, but NOT on Hala, my Lawful Good character gets this extra option in his blunt weaponsmithing options: Mace of Shadow.

Given the alignment restrictions on crafting weapons now I presume this is a bug.

His weaponsmithing is at 363, if that helps narrow it down somehow (or lets other people check.)

Ysgard lags behind Hala in crafting updates. I will get Ysgard updated this weekend. DS
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Okay, great! If possible please fix the 'rapier of shadow' that appears on the list for good people too. (I didn't have a weaponsmithing high enough to see this one when I wrote the last message, it seems.)

I'm out of town for now. I will fix this when I rerturn. DS
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

On Hala-

Weaponsmithing- I have an extra option under 'axes'. It's a 'longsword of light.'

This is what I get for copying and pasting! This recipe will actually produce an axe. I will fix the typo when I return. DS
thetamlyone
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by thetamlyone »

Forgive me if this is the wrong spot for this....I assume gathering stuff is related to crafting, right? :)

Anyway, two of the grape vines in the new Heidabyr village are inaccessible. Just thought you'd like to know. :)
moonlight1
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by moonlight1 »

Nagritch at the fountain.

Noticed that when you fill bottles to get pure water, you get pure water yes...but at the same time, you still keep most of the empty bottles, you have bought, that was suppose to be replaced with the pure water.

Miana
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

It will do that if you spam-click the fountain fast. Try filling your bottles a little slower :)
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com