I give up!

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

obburner
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

I give up!

Post by obburner »

Thats it I give up.. I am very sorry but I will not be playing on Hala anymore. Good bye and thanks for the fond memories. Maybe ill be back when the people i disagree with give up there power. Until then I will miss you and think of you all often. Enjoy your game. I will not be returning

There will be no reference to such organisations. Any further ones will simply have the entire post deleted.

Psye
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Oh, no! Please reconsider?
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

I am so sorry! You will be missed. :(
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

:cry:

Sometimes emotes don't do justice to the depths of our feelings.

People play games to escape and have fun. No one likes to feel bullied or belittled or put down at a place they go to escape the pressures of the real world.

We don't always deal with it in the best ways. We're gamers. We do this mostly because we're nerds and outcasts and we don't always like the way things go for us in real life.

Any time things progress to this level, it makes me sad. It makes me weep for the friends I have made who I will never see again. It makes me wonder what could have been done differently.

A little compassion and a little understanding of the differences and difficulties that we sometimes face interacting on a personal level would go along way to avoiding this sort of thing.

If this is truly goodbye, LB, then I will miss you. Seamus will never be the same without his Elly. She was always the best part of his heart. She was the thing that made him want to choose good. I don't know where he'll go without her, and I'm not sure I want to find out.

All my best,

Greg.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I don't know what to say. We had only just gotten you back. But if you are not having fun then you are not having fun.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Thank you for evrything, goin to miss you.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Ok. I'm going to keep this short and simple.

The issue being refered to was in no way directed at a single PC. It's something that has been observed by the team over a period of time and has reached a point that we feel it must be addressed due to it's escalation.

I stated that any issues were to be sent to the Hala Team and discussed teamside accordingly. Yes we do listen and yes we do discuss each individual situation. Resorting to name calling does no-one any favours.

This thread can stay so long as it remains civil, but will be deleted otherwise.

Psye
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'm going to address this to several people at once, so please bare with me.

Psye,

Thank you for both clarifications both in the rules section and here. I think perhaps the timing was bad, but that is neither here nor there. It might have been bad no matter when this was posted, but I thank you very much for your responses.

Seamus,

Yes, I know I see you in person everyday, but sometimes one must write what one feels. I know that you lost someone you know is a good friend. I feel the same. I will be here for you no matter what you decide IC and in RL.

LB,

I understand you feel hurt and think this was all directed at you. Please, do try to open a dialogue with someone on the Team to find out what is going on. I hope you read this and know that we love and will miss you very much. I think there are somethings that both sides need to communicate about and hopefully it will clear the air and clarify what is going on. I hate to see things escalate to such a point that no one can talk. Seamus I know is very hurt by all this. I can see his pain. Please, do this one thing for me for him.

And to everyone else, my Hala family,

Thank you.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

The only situation in which a ruling the team makes is directed against a player is when a player has been banned or otherwise censured for something we don't want going on, but doesn't currently have a rule against it posted.

This has not happened in this case; leafburner has not been banned, and any rulings made that affected his gameplay were not directly targeted at him. If he feels that these rulings mean he can no longer play on Hala, while the player will be missed, the rulings will stand, as they have been made for a purpose.

For future reference, if you ever feel victimised by the team or a specific DM, the best thing you can do is talk to myself or Arkon about it. In all likelihood, it isn't what you perceive it to be. We do not have a record of changing things so that people we want to leave will leave. Nor do we have people we want to leave, other than people who end up banned due to rule breaking.

Attempting to start an argument on the forums is not the right way to go about it, nor is calling the team and certain members of the team (who, by the way, are all volunteers who give freely of their time to improve and run your free hobby) names.
obburner
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by obburner »

ok i have decided after carefull consideration to give hala another chance. I am sorry for my behavior last night. I will try to remain civil and think of the volunteers that give of themsleves so we may enjoy the game. It is true I am unhappy but that doesnt give me the right to slander the team. I have been going through alot personally and things just got me blue and down in the dumps. I make rash decisions and sometimes I even say thigs i dont mean.
To the team, Accept my appology it is not my place to go off and insult you. You are doing the best for everyone.
To the players, You are my family and it is because of you I am staying.
I over reacted and for that i appologize. If I am welcome I would like to stay around. If some one from the team could talk with me I would greatly appreciate it. I do not want to leave. My friends and family are all here.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Yay! :D
ghostgurl
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by ghostgurl »

Go to Avlis! It is a better place. I give this posting 5 minutes before it is removed.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Theghostgurl.jpg[/img]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Times up. you loose. now go away you apparently bitter, bitter stranger and take your toys with you! OR (even better) come find out why you're wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
p0m
Major DM

Post by p0m »

Seeing as banned players with a grudge against Hala are now soapboxing on this topic I'm locking it to save further problems.
[i]Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.[/i]