What stood out in 2008 for you and your characters

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

What stood out in 2008 for you and your characters

Post by Tremayne7 »

Since 2008 is nearly over, I wondered what everyone felt stood out for them from a character prospective. So many things have happened to our beloved little virtual world.

For Aria:

Pandorus - Vipe thank you for a really fun event, even if Aria was torn into knots along with Lexy and Scel. Ripples from Pandorus are still felt within Hala.

Aspect of Fenrir - Samhaim again showed us his wonderful storytelling abilities and we all learned a little more about the Aesir. "Gordel" still stands out in my mind as the crowning achievement of that event. And it was fun to do a reprise of it as well, letting a whole new group of folks preform it.

Dragon Wars - Arkon returned to us and it was emotional rollercoaster event. Thank you for this twist and turning event.

The Mindflayer - This was the end of a three part episode and I was lucky to come in on the third installment. Again another emotional ride and it was fun.

Karen, Lydia, Chris and "Stopping Ragnarok twice in the space of a weekend" - Again this was another Vipe masterpiece. It was fun to resolve, but I still miss Lydia and Chris. :D

Blood Mage, Cassandra - Again another fun plot of Sam's and this time Verandis got to join in the fun as DM. Verandis is another master storyteller and I cannot wait for what 2009 will bring us.

The Despot - p0m... I want one of the Silver Nickel dresses! :D But when Neuvin does show up, he certainly stirs us all up. Thank you for the fun when he does.

The Tower of Iron Will - As first lady (and only lady) in residence, I have to give a big round of applause to my "boys", Scel, Lexy, Egil, Gerard, Caius and Sigo. Thank you for making me feel welcome and the fun when we have a lesson (and stay up WAAAYYYY too late).

The Temple of Sune - Soleis, Gildan and Rachel... what can I say except you are Aria's family and I love you all. Oh, and of course My Lady Sune. :D

For Peter:

The Newbie Crew - Sam and Verandis led this merry bunch of new characters around. Caleb, Unien, Bianca (BUBBLES!), Dorak, Runa, Ninni and Erewyn, Thank you my fellow players. My hat is off to you. We need to meet again soon. :D

Blood Mage, Cassandra - I said thank you as Aria, now I must say thank you as Peter. It was really fun and ever so hard to keep Seamus from knowing what was going on as I sit right next to him.

The Town of Heidabyr and Heidi - Sam did a wonderful job of creating a place where newbies and the "old timers" can work and play and live. Shannen, thank you for Heidi. I must admit I stop by to see her when I am there just because I feel special and honored to have a small piece in the game.

And from both characters, you my fellow players. You make Hala what it is. And I thank you.

Edit:

Since Zombie "outed" Brynja... Tremayne has a confession too....

Nadalie Greftlyn is me.

And for Nadalie:

Galinn Ironwind - He is the love of her life and she adores him.

The Death of Varian - Verandis, you have made me cry a lot over this one. But I still love you. I will probably still cry over this one, but our one simple RP moment for me that stands out is our snowball fight on the way to Bastion. HUGS and love always for that. :wink:
Last edited by Tremayne7 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I have had fun this year, and each year that I have played here. You are all a really great bunch of people and I enjoy spending time with you all.

Morgan
Rowena: Morgan has been through a lot of changes and Rowena is a big factor in those. Everything just fell into place between the two of them. It is so nice to see that characters who have known Morgan for a while can see how happy she is now and are pleased for her and Rowena.
Bahamut: She had a few special moments from Bahamut. Just small little gestures that have made a difference in her. It has been fun for me to react to them and incorporate them into her character.
Alignment: Shifted from evil, very happy. Still have a little way to go, but she is on the path now.
Kissing Scel: It was only a quick little kiss on the lips, but it still makes me giggle.
Piggies: I always love it when the DMs mess with the piggies. I just love that Morgan has piggies (or do the piggies have a pet dragon?).
Morgan’s Cave: SD did such a wonderful job with Morgan’s cave and I can never heap enough praise on her for that. Sure, it wasn’t this year, but she captured the very essence of Morgan in that cave. When I asked her to add some storage for Rowena, she threw in a little something special from my IC postings. It is the little personal things like this that make Morgan so special to me.

This year has been a big one for Morgan. For me it has breathed new life into her and given me a new sense of enjoyment from her.

Grovel
Chicken Farm: Well, what can I say. It is always a happy day when you manage a goal that your character has had since they were first created. The whole event was a laugh and a fun time. Perhaps a stepping stone for some serious Grovely power plays…
Every one: All the little things like cutting hair, fetching drinks, polishing armor. The small interactions with every one. This is what I so love about Grovel. Playing him is a chance to kick back and have a laugh, and you all make that possible.

Grovel has gone so much further than I ever thought he would and has really taken on a life of his own. I never saw him getting past lv 9, and now he is almost 20. Can you imagine an epic Grovel?

Tekali (Brynja)
Yeah…. for those of you who haven’t guessed, or I haven’t told, Brynja is my new character. I have had some very positive feedback about her and I am glad people are enjoying playing with her and reading her journal. Already I have had lots of fun little interactions with a lot of other players, but there is one stand out moment…
Teeth: Shannen made such a wonderful job with a little bit of nasty fun that I had, primarily to tease Lexy. I wish you could all see the ‘bag of teeth’ she made for me, it is just horrible!

People have gone to a real effort to make me feel sinister while I play Brynja. Thank you! I hope I can reward you with some fun times next year…
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
princessofjustice
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by princessofjustice »

This year was a fun year for me i have experinaced alot of things with my characters

Raim: she got her house in mirtho. Made lots of enemies due to dating a certain evil pc.. i was in charge if the defenders for a short while but while i was running the guild i watched it grow from hardly no members to alot in short period of time..

Sky:well shes evil we all know that but i had a blast with the capture of elly and the beginning of the six plot.. and the Helites OMG they are a bunch of awesome rpers and they made me want to play more and more everyday. not to mention Vipact with Karen and chris with the start of that.

And i like to give thanks to the DMS who gave me a chance to play here on hala and let me evole into the charcters i play today

CHEERS!
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Lalant:
I'm only gonna list the Hala stuff, even though the Avlis stuff has been definate changes.
Lalant got engaged this year to a certain half-nymph. The second minotaur attack stands out as a turning point for Lalant, and is one of the primary reasons Lalant has hung around Mirtho for so long. The other reason is all the people he has met here and loves spending time with; out of fear that I will miss someone I'm not gonna list names here.

Arcanen:
Let me see. A good deal of fun was had with Caius; there was a good deal of them 'testing' each other, and it was always interesting to see. A particular NPC goblin stands out in my mind too for some things I won't detail here :D There are a few people who have done such a nice job putting up with Arcanen too!

Varian:
Standing out in my mind are the end of the Artifact of the Ages plot, a particular plot with Jia'lair that made him give up his sword, and the more recent event (with surprise ending!) Also, it's always fun having a character with IG PC relatives to interact with in game.
thetamlyone
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by thetamlyone »

Thralia: Probably the artifacts quest has been the biggest thing for Thralia in Hala this year. Hearing that Cassandra came back made her come running even though she didn't find her, of course. Wow....it's so hard to think back over a whole year. Oh yeah....there was the time that Thralia heard that Lexy had made friends with Dameon and she decided to take up drinking....for one whole night. Oooh, wait....there's also the play ....and duh! the Fenrir plot--where was my brain!? Been a busy year for Thralia on Hala....and I know I'm forgetting some more.

Unien: Well, no question the newbie crew is the reason that Uni took off as she did and developed so deeply. They are the greatest--and sponsored by some great DM's....even if they are evil and put her in a blood mage robe. :P Uni had a much bigger role in the play than Thralia did, but they both had a great time, and seeing it from different perspectives was just so much fun! She keeps losing her mentors, though! *pokes out tongue at Verandis* I have to admit I'm glad she's getting over her fascination with the ever elusive Thralia....never meant for that to happen, and it got right awkward at times, but I had to RP it through. She just found that book at exactly the wrong time. *shrugs* Now if we can just get her over her obsession with mom.....At least maybe she won't go crazy again! :D
orvarg
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by orvarg »

gus well it would have to be he and moni founding the helites. the sacrificing of ell'y and rali *passes ell some popcorn* LOL and the meeting at rali's among other things i can't mention that would be spoilers if i did *arkon knows all about the "search"*
i think me and moni have seen areas of the servers that even themicles may have forgotten about *they practiclly had dust on them LOL*

THRADRIL it would have to be becoming caretaker to dala and asbens estate at mirtho *tanks guys for the all acces pass asben your work on the place is just stupendous *tries to suck up for another project hint hint* tho he mostly sticks to his crafting he has been around for a few small parts in things *the mino's comming to mirtho after the avlissian's advertised comes to mind LOL and the drow incursions into mirtho

thanks to all the dm's and staff and hosts who allow us their time and effort to make hala what it is AWESOME!!! :wink:
p0m
Major DM

Post by p0m »

Dannar: He wandered out of the inn a few times and every time found some new woman to take his interest.

Despot: He found true love. No really!

Actually, what stood out for me in the time I did have to play Dannar in between DM'ing was Zombie's characters. He's a fun player to work with both behind the character screen and the DM avatar. Here's to Dannar tracking Brynja down and having a straight conversation.
[i]Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.[/i]
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

Not a whole lot of time to write right now - so - the 2nd biggest thing to happen to impact Ro's life this year was her marraige to Morgan. The biggest impact was Elly's return shortly after that; and the turmoil that that is still creating.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?