On Robbing from Houses

All players are expected to read all rules posted in this Forum. Ignorance is not an excuse for violation of Server Rules

Moderator: Top Team

Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

On Robbing from Houses

Post by Verandis »

Policy on: Robbing From NPC Houses

Please do not:

Rob houses right in front of a guard, without DM permission. This is because the guard is likely to see you.

Leave the door open right in front of a guard, while you rob the house, when a DM is not on and watching. The guard would obviously react to this.

Steal from houses, when it is not IC for your character to do so, just for gold or loot.

----

When robbing houses, please stay entirely IC and think about what you're doing. Watch for guards; avoid NPCs; and so on. If you want your character to be foolish about it and do things that will get you caught, contact a DM about it first and work with us on it.

IC repercussions for being caught may vary from town to town; some might just beat you up for it, some may fine you, and others might require you to stand trial.

However, doing things that would obviously get you caught, and getting away with it only because there is no DM on, is AI abuse and will have far more negative consequences.
Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

Please note: No matter how stealthy/invisible/completely hidden you are, if there's an NPC right next to the door, they're going to notice when it gets opened. They're also going to notice if you leave it open while you're robbing their house.

As I've been finding house doors open right next to NPCs: Please, please, please don't do this! This is clearly an abuse of the fact that the poor NPC is not possessed by a DM and can't react! If you want to rob the house, contact a DM so your character can find some creative way to convince the NPC to move away or something!
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

*bump*

Seriously folks, I shouldn't have to be bumping this again already. If there's npc's around, then it needs to be reflected in your RP and also taken into account when deciding where you want to rob.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)