What world/plane would you like to see created next?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Mabus
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

What world/plane would you like to see created next?

Post by Mabus »

Just curious what people's thoughts would be. If you thoose "Other" please elaborate. Lots of options here, and I'm thinking of ones that could actually be made well with the NWN toolset.

I chose Sigil, of course. Although there are quite a few I'd like to see, including Baator, Beastlands, plane of earth...
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Ravenloft
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

I based a module on Ravenloft once (its the one I used to run), it was subtle though so not too many people made the link. However, the dispair of the realm was appealing to very few and at the risk of making a sweeping cultural comparison the American players distinctly disliked it.
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
Mabus

Post by Mabus »

There's apretty good Ravenloft server, though it's not CoPaP. I actually asked them if they'd consider joining up with CoPaP but they didn't want to. :cry:
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'd like something like the Gray Wastes again. that way Evil has a place to play.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Mabus

Post by Mabus »

I agree. Spec the Damned and Oneus were from there. That was Spec's "unofficial" home, and oneus' home. Now they're stuck on Hala. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's horrendous IC'ly. :P

BTW where are the poll results, as I can't see them. They get erased or something??
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

(attempt at humor removed) :cry:

Actually - the next I'd like to see is one I've been kicking around for like 25 years now. I just have no idea on how to make anything so I've not bothered to even try it.
Last edited by JD Smith on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I'll warn you all now, please do not turn this into an evil character bashing conversation, or I'll have to lock this thread.

Evil characters have just as much right to play here as good characters. If everything were good, and nothing bad happened, then Hala would be nothing more than a social server.

Thanks.

And back on topic, I've always enjoyed the Oriental Adventures/Rokugan setting. I ran a server loosely based on that for a while.
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Yeah, I admit....I'd be a Ravenloft voter too :D
Mabus

Post by Mabus »

Acheron would be fun. War! War! War! ... Fight! Fight! Fight!

Or even Carceri. Any evil characters get banned from the server they could get ported into Carceri for punishment. ;)

I'm not perfect, but I've tinkered with the toolset quite a bit and started Sigil a while back. Got half of it done, from the Guildhall/market Ward to half of the Hive. And it's huge already. But I need to go back and tweak some of the areas as I made 'em a bit too sizeable I guess. :p Only problem is I can't script. So what I was thinking of doing was creating the physical plane-modules just to get 'em up and handing 'em over to others who'd be interested in taking them over and doing what they want with 'em.
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Forgotten Realms underdark? :P

or something like survival in hostile and i mean HOSTILE environment.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

I used to have grand visions of new worlds... and new severs, but those days are long past, now I am happy with the well thought out worlds of CoPaP.

Also I cant imagine anybody actually spending time creating something new (like a whole world) at this point with NWNs.

Then again I am not a builder or a DM or anything, just a player taking advantage of other peoples hard work. BTW thanks for the hard work people :)
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I wasn't trying to bash evil, just that it's kind of odd that we have Celestia but no... well Hades. If we do, then well, ok. But none of my characters are seeking something like that out. :wink:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

We actually have a few evil friendly places.