Great Divide cost: Intentional?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Great Divide cost: Intentional?

Post by Rudiki »

Before, there was a choice between going places the free, slow way, or going the fast, convenient way for a price, so people without gold could still go wherever they wanted on Hala and Ysgard, just not as quickly.

I only just recently noticed that whereas before a person could walk across the Great Bridge for free, now a person must pay to go between Hala and Ysgard. This seems to be the only exception to the above. Was this intentional, or was it an oversight?

If intentional, howcome? If oversight, how could it be fixed in a way that makes sense?

Thanks!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Mabus
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Mabus »

Are all proceeds going to the building of a new bridge?? 8)
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

It's intentional. You gotta buy a ticket to use the airship to cross the Great Divide. The Great Divide spans more than a mile in distance, hense being a Great Divide. The original bridge was meant to actually span several miles in distance due to the fact that Hala was always completely removed from the mainland of Ysgard. Making the gold to buy a ticket is fairly easy. Making the gold to buy a permanent pass is a bit more difficult but still not really hard :)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Grovel has a cut of the action and knows how to milk a monolopy :P

Well, not really, but he needs to get his finger in that pie!
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

Is there some way a lowbie collector quest can be put in that gives people a temporary ticket each time they do it? I had heard some lowbies who got stuck on one side of the bridge or the other, cause it is a lot harder to make the money to travel freely when you're low level.

Personally, only one of my characters makes money easily, and the cost of a permanent pass nearly made arcanen broke and would nearly make Lalant broke too. :P I must not know the money-making tips.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

kill beetles.

more collection type quests will be going in in the near future.. i just have to stop being lazy and build them.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Free (temporary) ticket quest sounds like a really good idea to me! (Beetles only work on the Hala side, and there's some characters (Lexy) who absolutely wouldn't juice beetles for any reason anyhow.)

Just don't make the ticket quest involve any sewers..;)
Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

Akai wrote:Free ticket quest sounds like a really good idea to me! (Beetles only work on the Hala side, and there's some characters (Lexy) who absolutely wouldn't juice beetles for any reason anyhow.)

Just don't make the ticket quest involve any sewers..;)
*thinks it should involve taking care of and feeding horses!*

*flees.*
Mabus
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Mabus »

Arkon wrote:kill beetles.

more collection type quests will be going in in the near future.. i just have to stop being lazy and build them.
I was gonna bring up the idea of making some FedEx or Collection type quest(s) in other cities, such as Bastion, for those lvl 1s who choose that city to actually start in. Because it's so difficult for a low level to kill anything around Bastion. Mayhaps in the sewers there (sorry Lexy) or something. They need something though imo.
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

While we are looking at implementing more lowbie quests, especially into places like Bastion, there are already a number of lowbie quests to do dotted about Ysgard so gold is far from impossible to come by.

Off the top of my head I can think of 5 different lowbie based quests/areas all in different (and accesible) areas about the server.. and I doubt that's all of them.

Please remember the servers are forever a work in progress so more content is being added and areas being tweaked all of the time.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)