Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What's a good time for an IC party?

Post by ChukchiDog »

Hi!

Gildan and Soleis want to hold a celebration in thanks for the good things that have happened lately, such as Luke's and Ro's return from the dead, and Rachael's recovery, but I'd like to schedule it when as many people as possible can come to it. Particularly of course people like Luke and Aria and Ro and Morgan and Rachael, but also everybody else. So basically I'm trying to get ideas on when's a good day to hold this that won't conflict with Arkaz stuff and will be good for the majority of folks who might like to come. Right now I'm thinking sometime after the new year, because things are pretty hectic for most of us from here on in, and besides, the more lead time the more people can attend. Please let me know if you'd like to come and what dates/days/times are best for you; thanks!
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

We could have it on my birthday! Friday Jan 15th!

The only conflicting date right now IG in 12/26 on Arkaz.

Otherwise I'm free
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

I know! Lets have it on Aria's Birthday!! I think that's Fri. Jan 15th. but I don't know.. dont' ask her though... that could be a surprise....

>_> <_<
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Aria's birthday!!

... but I can't be there if it's a Friday! >.<
Unless it falls on Family Day, then maybe I can manage. I don't know.

Otherwise... weekends are best for me.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

My saturday/sunday mornings are best for me ( early). Saturday I can finish at 11am, sunday around 9

My saturday morning is most peoples friday night. currently that is amazon training. Any time around the usual defenders meeting is good, but as always, early is better.

Apart from that my mid week days are fine, but they are not a good match for most people as me logging on signals bed time ;)
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

*shrugs*

Friday afternoon's are Amazon trainings and once a month a Saturday is occupied by joint trainings.

But; I'm usually sleeping when most of y'all are logging in for the night.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Since January 15 is a Friday, let's do it Saturday, January 16, early, so it can be Zombie's Friday night and Jallo's Saturday, which technically makes it still January 15 and Aria's birthday at least for Zombie. :D
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Works for me! Though I hate to break the news to Akai, who doesn't get along well with mornings. :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Im gmt+12, so I'm ahead of you. Saturday for you is sunday for me, which is fine for me as long as it's my early sunday morning. Basicly Defenders training time and day or earlier, or the same time on the day before is good for me in weekends.
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Sooo...am I right in thinking this could either be done on my Friday the 15th (Zombie's Saturday) and pre-empt Amazon training, or it could be done on my Saturday the 16th (Zombie's Sunday) and pre-empt Defenders training? Both would start about the same time of day, my early afternoon.

If the above is correct, which date do people prefer?

Thanks!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

At that time frame: the 16th.
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

*coughs*

maybe a party is premature at this point in time?

*coughs*
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

I vote for the 16th. I could only make it on Friday if it's late morning/late afternoon EST... which is most people's working time frame. :D

So. With the time frame you suggest, Rudiki, I'd suggest Saturday, the 16th. =)
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

Hi,

I'm sorry I dropped the ball on this; RL got hectic and I got discouraged. I know Saturday is very short notice now; I don't know whether to ICly have Gildan announce something for Saturday at this late date, or whether to re-schedule it for a later date when there can be more advance notice, and therefore hopefully a bigger turnout. Please let me know what you think, and I'll post ICly accordingly later today.

Thanks, and again, sorry!

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

I would prefer a different Saturday, as I will be out of town this weekend.
:)
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Ditto. 8)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Next weekend is no good for me as it is my first wedding anniversary and if I schedule some gaming, then there won’t be a second!
albonia

Post by albonia »

As always trying to get a good time for everybody to meet is like trying the herd ferrets. How about we try for Sunday sometime after 13:00 GMT (earlier is possible for me|).
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

How about sometime in February? That's far enough away for people to plan for it?

Of course, the weekend of the 14th is most likely out for most people. =)
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

Hi, all,

In light of the fact that some people can't make it, and in light of the fact that Ro's not out of the woods yet, and in light of the fact that I screwed up and waited way too long to announce it, it doesn't make sense to try to have a celebration tomorrow. So lets start over? When would be good for people. I think Feb. might be a good suggestion, as that would hopefully give Ro time to get her soul back and also give everyone time to try to make it. The first two Saturdays in Feb. look good for me; the last 2 not so good. Would like to have as many people as possible able to attend, but in particular Ro & Morgan, Gildan & Rachael, and Aria & Luke, because they are the people the celebration is for, as well as the rest of the Sunites (Soleis, Shani), because they are the people putting on the celebration. But I want everyone!

Let me know; thanks!

Rachael
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Rachael »

Sat. Feb 6 and 13 are fine for me!
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

My sister's B-Day is 5 Feb ... and they like to hold off until weekends for the party ... so 6 Feb may not be good for me. I probably won't know anything for sure until about 4 Feb.

As far as I can tell right now ... 13 Feb has nothing planned. But I do forget when the planned joint training sessions are scheduled to be held. (although maybe if it is that date ... the joint training may take the form of a party?)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

This would replace/pre-empt the Defenders meeting, and the joint training session, if that was the week for it.

Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Will have to check with Samhaim. :D
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Right.

First weekend of February looks better for me. A friend of mine usually comes over the weekend around Valentine's Day for Winterlude (Ottawa's winter festival). Since she only comes over for the weekend, our best time to go out and enjoy the outdoors and activities (and a BeaverTail!!! yum!!!) is on the Saturday.

However, no date is confirmed yet, so I can't tell for sure for the moment. But.. focus on the main ones who need to be there. =)